SOTY

dozerII

Admiral
This years SOTY was a very special one, as we have never had to have a vote off in the past. What this did was more than double the work and commitment of one of our awesome Tin Brothers.

THANK YOU jbcurt00

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
No doubt Jb... Thank you! Let me know if you ever get down to the Chesapeake so I can buy you a barley and hops drink.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks, I appreciate it.

That's why the SOTY is only once a year and around the Christmas/New Year's holiday festivities...... So we (I) forget how much work goes into managing it
facepalm.gif

|
|
|
|
V
The hours suck and the monetary pay is lousy, but anybody else wanna give it a go next year? No reasonable offers refused
faint2.gif

Truthfully, my efforts pale in comparison to the time, effort and work necessary to put these rigs, derelict or not, back in service, let alone documenting the rebuilds so that there's LOTS of reference material for someone considering a similar project.

It speaks to how well you guys do these projects, making it extremely tough to 'pick' just one winner. And it seems each year there are a few stand-outs that raise the tin rehab bar, just one more notch. This year we had quite a few standout projects, not that all weren't well done and worthy a nomination.

Keep it up!

As before, Starcraft should be paying attention, if only to keep the boat market full of eventually old tin boats :D Possibly even taking note of some of the layout and Mods you guys do to the boats to better suit whatever pursuit your project is targeting.

The iboats forum, it's admin, Mod and tech teams also deserve a big THANK YOU for allowing us to document, discuss, research and complete our mutual affliction for boat rehab work.

Thank you again Glen for the nod ;)

Keep on churning thru these projects fellas (gals too these days)

FYI: I celebrated MLK day by donating a glasser to the tinny rehab deity :eek:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
You are the man John! Sorry about making it double duty this year with the re-vote and all.

Any vid or pics of the glassers last gasp?

Tnstratofam

Commander
Definitely appreciate all your hard work, and knowledge jb. Thanks for making this years SOTY awesome!

dozerII

Admiral
Thanks, I appreciate it.

That's why the SOTY is only once a year and around the Christmas/New Year's holiday festivities...... So we (I) forget how much work goes into managing it
facepalm.gif

|
|
|
|
V
The hours suck and the monetary pay is lousy, but anybody else wanna give it a go next year? No reasonable offers refused
faint2.gif

Truthfully, my efforts pale in comparison to the time, effort and work necessary to put these rigs, derelict or not, back in service, let alone documenting the rebuilds so that there's LOTS of reference material for someone considering a similar project.

It speaks to how well you guys do these projects, making it extremely tough to 'pick' just one winner. And it seems each year there are a few stand-outs that raise the tin rehab bar, just one more notch. This year we had quite a few standout projects, not that all weren't well done and worthy a nomination.

Keep it up!

As before, Starcraft should be paying attention, if only to keep the boat market full of eventually old tin boats :D Possibly even taking note of some of the layout and Mods you guys do to the boats to better suit whatever pursuit your project is targeting.

The iboats forum, it's admin, Mod and tech teams also deserve a big THANK YOU for allowing us to document, discuss, research and complete our mutual affliction for boat rehab work.

Thank you again Glen for the nod ;)

Keep on churning thru these projects fellas (gals too these days)

FYI: I celebrated MLK day by donating a glasser to the tinny rehab deity :eek:

I will not have a boat project that will be complete this year, so long as your around to answer my questions I could take the responsibility of your shoulders for 1 year.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
JB deserves a big round of applause for stepping up to the plate and setting SOTY up. And then doing it all over again after the tied first round. My :yo: is off to you, JB. If the Starmada had an Arthur E. Schrock award for TinHead Of The Year, you would be the first recipient! :thumb:

jbcurt00

Staff member
:tinfoil3:I'd proudly wear it :biggrin1:

Thanks GA,

Glen, I'll be around, just hit me if you have any questions or trouble. Who knows maybe the minions will get the forums up and running like an ultra luxury quad turbo 16cyl Bugatti Veyron by then :becky:
Comes in a nice polished aluminum finish:
bugatti-veyron-pur-sang-motorauthority-i_100210299_l.jpg

Setting up the poll really isn't too difficult, it's the digging around and finding a good pix, plus linking the project Topic that gets time consuming. Spreading the word and keeping a couple different SOTY topics refreshed and :bump: bumped to the top in all the forums where it's posted takes some effort too. (thanks to GA, Fun Times and others for doing it pretty regularly too).

FYI, if they could get the server clock settings reset for DST before the change in the fall, that'd be great. When's it spring back forward anyway? Soon enough that the clock being an hour ahead every time I post is no big deal to me

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That !^%#*$ clock is back on the list of fixes, JB. We need to offer Dr. Emmett Brown a job. Too bad the DeLorean is stainless.

dozerII

Admiral
My favorite Bugatti.

I almost built a 1/4 scale model of it back in my R/C days

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Certainly a task well done JB. It would be nice if Starcraft did take notice of the enthusiasm and pride taken in their crafts. Unfortunately they do not make these cuddy cabin boats anymore. They are a main staple here on the Great Lakes and when they show up for sale they are usually quickly sold. I know there is a lot of emphasis on the fishing style boats seen on the major walleye tournaments but they just don't offer the protection like a cuddy in these big open waters.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Certainly a task well done JB. It would be nice if Starcraft did take notice of the enthusiasm and pride taken in their crafts. Unfortunately they do not make these cuddy cabin boats anymore. They are a main staple here on the Great Lakes and when they show up for sale they are usually quickly sold. I know there is a lot of emphasis on the fishing style boats seen on the major walleye tournaments but they just don't offer the protection like a cuddy in these big open waters.

I agree. It's sad that even the newer islanders will become thin on the ground in the not-too-distant future. That's why it's our job to keep these rigs on the water. Mine's 41 this year, and should give me or the next owner at least a couple more decades.

Thanks for everything everyone does here! And thanks to JB for all the help and setting up the poll threads! And keep an eye on CL for cuddies!

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.
Nice Job Guys, especially Jb!

Its great to have all the people here as a resource, I've learned alot from many of you! And I don't see other boat forums as active as this. Keep up the great work. Thanks to iboats for providing these forums,

ssdale

Starmada Splash of the Year 2016
congrats JB for keeping it lively,upbeat and fun for all who care about these Aluminum art forms. ALUMINATION:usa2: