Starcraft Splash of the Year 2014 Winner!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Man that really bites. Winning a major award, and then coming down with the flu.:grumpy: Hope you get better soon so you can celebrate your victory in style! Congratulations once again on a great rebuild, and for Hot Roding a beautiful Starcraft!:clap2::thumb::tinfoil3:

Thanks TN, yeah I'm feeling better today. Major award! I can't wait.

ix85fYNcJ7F7z.gif

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I thought the Major Award was coming from Canada? Italy? I'm so :confused:.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Hi Folks. The new 2014 plaques are finished and are on their way stateside. Watermann, you should have them in a few days. For anyone’s future reference, I notice that the “keeper” plaque with a silver background reproduces colors better than the brass background. Bright whites tend to yellow somewhat on brass.
Again, Watermann, congratulations!
- Grandad

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Nice job, Grandad. :thumb:

Yeah - You too, Rob. :thumb:

Watermann

That's perfect Grandad! Thanks again and check your PM.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nice,

Is it an annual honor or will it be persistent?

Outstanding,

Last edited:

GA_Boater

I'll guess since we came out of the closet so to speak, it's ongoing.

Watermann

Hi Folks. The new 2014 plaques are finished and are on their way stateside. Watermann, you should have them in a few days. For anyone’s future reference, I notice that the “keeper” plaque with a silver background reproduces colors better than the brass background. Bright whites tend to yellow somewhat on brass.
Again, Watermann, congratulations!
- Grandad

Got the plaques today, thanks Grandad! They are awesome and I really like the silver Chief plaque, it looks great. Unfortunately a couple corners of the big traveling plaque got beat up during shipping. I guess that just adds some character. :lol:

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Glad to hear they arrived. There was some minor bruising of the corners when I received the big plaque, so I added some stain to the (MDF?) at the corners and the blemishes disappeared. How bad is the damage? - Grandad

Watermann

Despite all your efforts with the bubble wrap, 2 of the corners are distorted by crushing and pieces of wood flaked off. The box was thoroughly smashed so I'm not sure anything short of a wood crate could have protected it any better.

GA_Boater

The traveling award plague is turning into the Stanley Cup - Every winner adds patina. Just don't try to drink beer out of her, H2O.

64osby

Admiral
Sounds like some renovation work maybe required. Maybe some nice Teak or Mahogany.

With your mad skills shouldn't be a problem.:D