Starcraft Splash of the Year 2014 Winner!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Congratulations!
Rob for winning the coveted SOTY 2014 award:
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...raft-chieftain"]Watermanns 1970 18ft; Chieftain I/O:
Before:
IMAG0514.jpg

After:
IMAG1630.jpg

Follow Waternann's build from start to splash in a condensed format in his Completed Boat Projects Topic:
The Tin Addiction 18' 1970 Starcraft Chieftain IO total restoration

The re-vote to break the tie:
Starcraft 2014 Splash of the Year tie-breaker poll

It was a very close race from the beginning, and all the nominees deserve a congrats for all their efforts as well.

Enjoy all the rights, benefits and rewards this prestigious award carries for the balance of 2015 :) Which I think includes a frosty adult libation in every Starmadian home port.

The award comes w/ some obligations that the nominees agree to when they accept a SOTY nomination. Namely to be available and participate in the SOTY 2015 process and make arrangements to produce the personalized plates for the next winner and send the plaque in a year. Each winner receives 2 plates w/ their chosen boat image, one to keep and one to mount on the plaque.

Congrats again and good luck to all for the SOTY 2015, anyone interested has just under 12 months to get their boat back in service and SPLASHED!

Proposed schedule for SOTY 2015 timeline:
About 12/1/15 start a nomination topic for 2015
On 1/5/16 start the official SOTY poll
The poll closes on 1/15/16​

Rob, looks like it's time to change your signature line, and I'd suggest you add a pix of the award to your completed project Topic as well, which might require some mod assistance.

If you decide on a pix for the award, and want it on a mug, just shoot me an email w/ the pix. You should have my email from previous PMs.

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer
congrads to h20 in a real tight race. all nominees were outstanding , and have set the bar high.

pckeen

Commander
Congratulations Rob - great rebuild. Love those Chiefs!

And well done to everyone who was nominated. Not an easy field to pick from - they were all amazing.

ssdale

Starmada Splash of the Year 2016
Super job on that super sized tinny.:humble: Can't get enough of um. It was down to the wire and DozerII"s spectacular paint scheme was hard to beat.
Bask in the moment!:tea:
Dale

dozerII

Admiral
Congrats Rob, I would imagine you have the spot in the hanger all picked out to show case the plague.

Fun Times

Staff member
Congrats Rob, I would imagine you have the spot in the hanger all picked out to show case the plague.
And congrats to you too... The small little extra colorful details you did to your boat really brought out the "wow factor".:photo::thumb:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Thanks again fellas, it means l a lot coming from you bunch of boat heads, even those who have a glasser :lol:

I have a good idea of where to put the plaque so it's in good shape for next years winner. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the tin rebuild action this year. :high5:

Oh yeah and I'm struggling here, came down with the flu this weekend... :sick:

Tnstratofam

Commander
Man that really bites. Winning a major award, and then coming down with the flu.:grumpy: Hope you get better soon so you can celebrate your victory in style! Congratulations once again on a great rebuild, and for Hot Roding a beautiful Starcraft!:clap2::thumb::tinfoil3:

64osby

Admiral
Congrats H2O-Dood!:first:
You make me want a big tinny...:D

Congrats Waterman Awesome build.

GT you might have to modify your sig quote.

Why an Aluminum Boat?...Because they are,"The more beautiful, more seaworthy, more elegant, ....."