Sylvan 1980 18' Sportster IO

Alumarine

Captain
You got that right, it's been many many years since I was boating on the Red

Actually Glen it was about 2 miles upstream from the Red on the Assiniboine heading back to the Red after picking a friend up at a public dock.
But you were plenty close enough!

We're lucky to have such great boating right in town.

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
I loved fishing the Assiniboine. My favorite spot for fishing channel cats was right out behind the headingly prison and the best spot for carp was in Headingly under the power lines by a culvert.

Alumarine

Captain
I loved fishing the Assiniboine. My favorite spot for fishing channel cats was right out behind the headingly prison and the best spot for carp was in Headingly under the power lines by a culvert.

They have some big ones.
Couple of friends caught a couple of 32" and 33" cats from the shore last week near the misericordia hospital..

WinnipegJet91

Seaman
Pimped my ride thanks to Budski.
I've been having trouble retrieving the boat on our river as the current is so strong and I do it by myself.

Had John and his son John build me a set of custom trailer guides.
Well actually his son John did most of the work as John and I mostly talked about boat stuff but John stepped in occasionally for the critical stuff.
The dog supervised from inside the house.

They did real nice work, real quick, at a fair price. I even left a prop to get fixed up.
Couldn't be happier. Good people.

Hey Marc, those guides look slick. I'm thinking about doing something similar as I was having the same troubles on the red river last weekend after my first splash of the rebuild.

Alumarine

Captain
Hey Marc, those guides look slick. I'm thinking about doing something similar as I was having the same troubles on the red river last weekend after my first splash of the rebuild.

Hi there. I just saw the pictures of your maiden voyage.
Looks like you launched at st. vital.
Nice looking boat. You did a lot of work.

The current makes it tough to load there especially if the water is high and you're by yourself.

Those bunks made a big difference.
budski hooked me up

WinnipegJet91

Seaman
Hi there. I just saw the pictures of your maiden voyage.
Looks like you launched at st. vital.
Nice looking boat. You did a lot of work.

The current makes it tough to load there especially if the water is high and you're by yourself.

Those bunks made a big difference.
budski hooked me up

Yeah it has been a lot of work, but glad it's only the finishing touches now. Thinking about making the bunk guides for it this weekend.