Sylvan 1980 18' Sportster IO

Alumarine

Captain
Probably the Portage Ave location

Just got back from the Panet rd. location.
The picture in the flyer doesn't seem to relate to what they have.
The guy said the were "assorted". All the ones he showed me were much too big.
Maybe for a pontoon or something.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Hi Marc I bought a set of grey on grey just like the pics at the portage store, but they had to get them out of the back I'd bet if you went back first thing in the morning you would find a set

Alumarine

Captain
Hi Marc I bought a set of grey on grey just like the pics at the portage store, but they had to get them out of the back I'd bet if you went back first thing in the morning you would find a set

Glad you got a set.
I'll check it out tomorrow morning.
They look nice!

Alumarine

Captain
No luck for me.
I went back at 8:30am and they were sold out.
I put my name on a list in case they get more.

Not sure if they would work for me.
The port one has to straddle my fuel tank which is 16" wide x 11.5" wide. Although they might be able to be altered.

My current starboard one straddles my 5 gallon metal outboard tank for my kicker.

Thanks again for the tip though.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
That's to bad Marc I would have thought that your boat was the same as mine the ones I bought fit perfect, but looking at pics of your boat I can see that your jump seats are definitely wider, but I'm willing to bet money you could more on kijiji than you would returning them, they are selling online for 119.00 US each.

Alumarine

Captain
That's to bad Marc I would have thought that your boat was the same as mine the ones I bought fit perfect, but looking at pics of your boat I can see that your jump seats are definitely wider, but I'm willing to bet money you could more on kijiji than you would returning them, they are selling online for 119.00 US each.

I thought about that but I don't have the space right now for them.

Alumarine

Captain
Hi guys, I thought I'd just add to this thread.

I just installed a used set of Bennett M120 hydraulic tabs.

I had installed a set of Nauticus SX60 smart tabs in 2015 to solve a problem of getting on plane quicker with 4 guys.
They solved that problem perfectly. The boat just pops up on plane.

What they didn't solve easily was the list caused by my 85lb kicker and my fuel tank both on the port side.
Also I did lose some top speed trying to adjust for the list.

I suspect the Bennett's will solve both those problems.
I hope to get it in the water later this week.

I did notice my port actuator is leaking so I'll have to get some o rings for it as well as a bit more hose, a mounting bracket and a lower hinge.

I was really, really impressed with Bennett's customer service.
I emailed them beforehand to make sure they were suitable and then once afterwards and they responded immediately.

I'll post some pictures later.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Great improvement Marc

Havent seen him on lately, but Tabman is usually all over tab questions, concerns and problems

Tabman

iboats.com Partner
I'm still here! Send your name and address to me at Tabmahelp@gmail.com, mention that you need O-rings and we will mail them along with instructions to change them, no charge.

Tom
Bennett Marine

Alumarine

Captain
I'm still here! Send your name and address to me at Tabmahelp@gmail.com, mention that you need O-rings and we will mail them along with instructions to change them, no charge.

Tom
Bennett Marine
That's awesome Tom, thank you.
I'm hopefully going to get a chance to test it later this week so I'll contact you after that.

I may also need info on how to rewire the switch so the left rocker controls the port tab down and up and the starboard similar.

I do notice that sitting in my driveway even though one is leaking it's not creeping up from the full down position.

thanks again.

Alumarine

Captain
No Title

Here's a picture of my starboard tab.
Got a chance to use them today.
They worked very well. Was able to easily control my list to port.

It was quite choppy and I found it was great to be able to get the nose down into the waves.
It really improved the ride. A lot less pounding.

Also I was able to stay on plane between 12 and 14 mph.
Not something I would normally do but it is nice to go slower sometimes without the bow in the air.

Attachments

• photo269715.jpg
    photo269715.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 0

Alumarine

Captain
No Title

Pimped my ride thanks to Budski.
I've been having trouble retrieving the boat on our river as the current is so strong and I do it by myself.

Had John and his son John build me a set of custom trailer guides.
Well actually his son John did most of the work as John and I mostly talked about boat stuff but John stepped in occasionally for the critical stuff.
The dog supervised from inside the house.

They did real nice work, real quick, at a fair price. I even left a prop to get fixed up.
Couldn't be happier. Good people.

Attachments

• photo271459.jpg
    photo271459.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo271460.jpg
    photo271460.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 0

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looks good to me and I bet John has plenty of carpet remnants laying around to wrap the guides with :lol:

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Looks great Marc, glad they worked out for you, they will make your retrieving a lot easier, yes Rob we have a lot of remnants lying around but only grey and beige LOL.

Alumarine

Captain
Not a bad way to spend a hot friday afternoon in town.

Nt78s3g.jpg

dozerII

Admiral
You got that right, it's been many many years since I was boating on the Red