Anyone else sick of winter?

home-boy

Banned
I have not been able to work on my boat in months and they are saying 4 degrees Wednesday morning. Our average low is 28.

I hate this freezing cold

dozerII

Admiral
Heck we are only 16 days into winter, it's only just begun. I wish we were that warm here, -32c this morning.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Yeah winter is just getting fired up so to speak. Wednesday's high is supposed to be 25 degrees with the low a steamy 6!!! I just hope we don't get allot of snow this week. The grocery shelves will be bare again!:eek::mad::lol:

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Yep, have had enough already, single digits here and getting colder, snow expected. Once deer season is over which is 1st Jan I am ready for spring. So made a trip to the sporting goods store today and got a couple more trolling reels to prep for spring to run copper line.

64osby

Admiral
December was very mild here in SW Michigan. January is showing what winter is supposed to be. Right now it is 6 F with wind chills about -10, another 5 - 8" of snow due tonight.

Winter has just begun. :blue:

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.
It's been a mild winter so far. No real snow to speak of, where last year we were buried in it by this time. I actually need winter to find some time to work on the boat project. I'm hoping we have a few more weeks of this cold weather to get enough ice for fishing.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
I expected to be ice fishing for a month so far. I like it cold, or 60-70. In between just yacks up my sinuses and ruins the hardwater fishing. i'll be sick of winter after the superbowl. February is steelhead fishing in the Clinton River, March is the sucker run in the Rifle River. The little things take your mind off the weather. Nothing like a February day with no wind, sunshine and 30 degrees out. My steelhead rod in hand and walking along a river bank. Of course it could be -10 windy and nasty out. Then I agree, winter sucks!

Hang in there, 2-3 more mortgage payments and you'll be working on the boat again.

Don

Buckeye72

Cadet
I need me some hard water!!!!!! My youngest is driving me nuts to be on a bucket!!!!!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I enjoy the seasons, what I don't like is going to work in the dark and getting off in it too. All the small lakes have 5-6" of dark ice and the pan fish are biting here. Where I'm at in eastern WA State the weather is very predictable for the most part, one or 2 weeks of cold weather (teens) freezes up the small lakes. The Columbia river never freezes and next month the walleye pre-spawn bite starts. It's nice to have an OB fishing boat. Today a normal 36f after a little snowfall. We get mild weather from the pacific ocean and are protected from the harsh cold in between the Cascade mountains and the continental divide.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
What's winter?

70's here.

79 on Wednesday...shorts day!

I can also drive to snow. Went skiing yesterday 2 1/2 hours away from where I live.

Last edited:

home-boy

Banned
truck thermometer said 9 with a low of 3. That is cold for here. They are even cancelling school all across the region with no snow. You Canadians can have your weather back, us rebels don't want it down here

dozerII

Admiral
-38c = -36.4f just east of us 30miles yesterday, but we do like to share so that's why your getting a little of the chill down there. :D

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Shut the barn door Glen. We don't want that down here!

InMotion

Commander
That's why the plane was invented --- so we can all fly to somewhere warm and tropical when it gets cold! :)

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
-11 last night here... it's just starting but yes I'm tired of it already! It's hard to work on boats when one cannot feel ones fingers!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hey 1973, nice to see ya around the old joint...

Shouldn't you be digging thru CL, Kiijjii or something? Find anything interesting today?

home-boy

Banned
It got up to 34 today and I worked outside with no coat!

The bad part is our average low is 28 with an average high of 47. Our record is 74

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Hey JB! ;) Yep, got back over here for the SOTY vote and keeping tabs on what's going on. I have plans for the Chief but haven't done much on it yet this winter... but may be buying a new trailer for it soon.

And yes, CL/kajiji/Google search are all on my 4 times a day schedule ;)

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
73 good to see ya back. How is the Chief project going? I will be out of Lexington shortly after ice out this spring looking for the silver fish.

Well today was an indoors day....... -13 to -19 F in our area today. Even my animals didn't want to go outside for long, did their business and right back in.