1981 18 SS

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Who is that masked man? It's a bird, it's a plane, it's CBK. :lol:

What's up, man? Asking for help sounds like the SS is still in drydock. :grumpy:;)

dozerII

Admiral
Made it out to the lake for the weekend finally. I got the new Smart Tabs installed on the SS Friday afternoon so we could try them out Sat morning. What a difference the boat just comes up on plane right now, stays on plane at slower speed, and handles awesome.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey that's great news, I've yet to hear anyone who installed the tabs give anything but glowing reviews on them.

Alumarine

Captain
Made it out to the lake for the weekend finally. I got the new Smart Tabs installed on the SS Friday afternoon so we could try them out Sat morning. What a difference the boat just comes up on plane right now, stays on plane at slower speed, and handles awesome.

That's great, thanks for the report.
Do they help with listing if weight distribution isn't even?

I find if I have 4 guys onboard I list to port quite a bit while on plane.
My fuel tank and 85lb kicker are on the port side as well.

Watermann

If you adjust the tab on the side that needs more lift then I can see it helping out but as you know the only sure fire way is better weight distribution.

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
My bow jumps up really high before plane also, the batteries up front for the trolling motor help a lot. I may look into these smart tabs. Gotta love getting on the water!

Alumarine

Captain
If you adjust the tab on the side that needs more lift then I can see it helping out but as you know the only sure fire way is better weight distribution.

I do get the bigger one's to move around.
I may move my kicker to the starboard side.

dozerII

Admiral
In my opinion they are the best $170. spent on an open bow SS, and yes they do help with side to side.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Ugh, sorry Glen, i forgot the crazy high shipping surcharges.....

Alumarine

Captain
Ugh, sorry Glen, i forgot the crazy high shipping surcharges.....

And the exchange rate which would get them up to $122 cdn before shipping which also is impacted by the exchange.
For items that are costlier to ship across the border I sometimes drive the 80 miles to the border to pick stuff up.

dozerII

Admiral
Here' s a real good example off why we have trouble shopping on Iboats from Canada. I wanted to order the Moeller flanging tool and a couple of the aluminum drain kits, Flanging tool is $39.93 plus $33.80 shipping and because the drain kits are in a different warehouse two kits $12.56 and $29.72 SHIPPING :eek::faint:

Watermann

Good lord that is unreasonable! I'm sure there's opportunity to be had if boats started opening up warehouses in Canada eeh. Well maybe not we have more people on welfare here than you guys do for total population. :cold:

Decker83

Commander
Why is the shipping so high.. I have bought computer parts on flee bay from your neck of the woods and the shipping was no where near that high..
How are they shipping it? By air?