1981 18 SS

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Thanks GA, does that mean I get back pay for 4 posts:D

Sure thing, DII. All you need is your tax return from 1957, original birth certificates of your maternal great-great-great uncles and aunts, copy of your family tree back to Adam and Eve and finally a lock of hair from your first haircut. :lol:

dozerII

Admiral
Back Pay? How the heck do you get front pay is what I wanna know! Congrats on 5000+

Thanks tns

Sure thing, DII. All you need is your tax return from 1957, original birth certificates of your maternal great-great-great uncles and aunts, copy of your family tree back to Adam and Eve and finally a lock of hair from your first haircut. :lol:

I can do the lock of hair:rolleyes:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The full blown rank by posts sheet.

fetch

InMotion

Commander
Hey Glen,

Nice Trailer. Nice Setup. Nice Transfer. Nice Progress and Nice move to Rear or Vice Admiral?!! :)

Great stuff man!

Jim

dozerII

Admiral
Build a helm stow and deploy anchor system for the SS for Darcy for Xmas, pretty much the same as the one in the Holiday, only it runs under the gunwal on the port side to the dash. PVC conduit is great stuff, you can put real nice bends in it with a heat gun.

Tnstratofam

Commander
That's a good idea. Why put it on the passenger side though? Is it to crowded at the helm? Just curious as I may try to mount something similar on our 16ss in the spring.

dozerII

Admiral
That's a good idea. Why put it on the passenger side though? Is it to crowded at the helm? Just curious as I may try to mount something similar on our 16ss in the spring.

Thanks tns, yes with the shifter and all the gauge cluster there is just no room on the Helm. Darcy's Admiral usually takes care of anchor duty so I guess this is more for her.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Sure does beat getting up in the bow opening a hatch and trying to drop the anchor with a tangled up rope and then tying it off. The only down side is the nav light is blocked by the anchor when retracted.

dozerII

Admiral
Sure does beat getting up in the bow opening a hatch and trying to drop the anchor with a tangled up rope and then tying it off. The only down side is the nav light is blocked by the anchor when retracted.

It does make it a lot easier, we are going to put an 8" tall plug in bow light on. It is also going to get a bow mount TM which will block the other side of the bow light.

64osby

Admiral
Great job DII.

Why the short section of chain?

Will it need something to protect the bow from the chain?

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Anchor work looks good and certainly functional. There was a electric anchor windlass on my Chief when I got it but removed it as it just looked too gaudy sitting on the bow.

dozerII

Admiral
Great job DII.

Why the short section of chain?

Will it need something to protect the bow from the chain?
Thanks 64, the chain well maybe a little lead weight on the anchor, don't know if it helps these claw anchors work very well. I will put a little grip tape on the gunwall to protect the paint.

Anchor work looks good and certainly functional. There was a electric anchor windlass on my Chief when I got it but removed it as it just looked too gaudy sitting on the bow.

Thanks Willy

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
That's pretty slick Glen!

The chain aides in the claws grabbing...similar to a Danforth. The more/heavier chain allows you to get a good grab with less rope out. Danforths require a 7:1 run:rise :eek:

Our big-river setups are similar as well...except supersized; 25# Richter with 6' of heavy-duty chain :madgrin:

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
It does make it a lot easier, we are going to put an 8" tall plug in bow light on. It is also going to get a bow mount TM which will block the other side of the bow light.

Hi Glen. I had a similar issue. I couldn't find any regs that require the nav lights to be mounted on the bow. I mounted new low profile nav lights on either side, next to the windshield. They can't be stepped on or knocked off by mooring lines. As long as they are visible in the required arc, they meet requirements. I like simple clean lines and and a clear deck. - Grandad