Any Info on the 63' Starcraft Lancer ??

FredericksMW

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys, In my search for an outboard for our Duratech project, I found a Very clean 1963 StarCraft 15' Lancer with a 75hp Mercury for a price I couldn't pass up.
For the life of me I cannot find any relevant info about this model.
Is it Because of it being fiberglass? Not popular? Low production?
Planning on giving it a good cleaning, and spinning it. But would like to find out more info about the model.
Thanks in advance..

jbcurt00

Staff member
The only reason there's a wealth of SC info at all @iboats is the tin boat fella's. So although it may have been a fine craft in 1963, it's like a great deal of other glass boats from the 60's: probably mistreated, neglected & at some point disposed of......

Just may be that theres a lot of info out there. For lots of boats, glass, tin or wooden, there simply isn't much info. I can't remember the brand, but after a merger or 2 and a plant relocation or 2, the management office staff pitched any & all records more then a couple years old. Brochures, production #, serial # references, option list, etc. Just gone.... Another relocated to a new facility and did keep all the old stuff. Total loss a year or 2 later in a massive fire.

Good luck w/ your new rig, and as always: Pix?

FredericksMW

Seaman Apprentice
Looks to be in pretty nice shape from the pics, clean motor too!

The PO always kept it covered, just needs a good cleaning and polish. The white rubrail is black from mold, as well as the steering wheel. Started cleaning it off with a 30/70 bleach solution. Slow but effective.
The 75hp Merc is going on our 57' Duratech..Planning on installing one of the 40hp Evinrudes we have laying around.

Tnstratofam

Commander
I think she looks good as well. Nice color combo, and nuce lines. Someone will be getting a good deal on her I think.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey now that's a little cutie you have there! :thumb:

I'm thinking a little white Johnny on the back with a new paint job and re-pop decals would fit the paint scheme and look awesome!