This is a test, this is only a test........

This is a test, this is only a test........

• Total voters

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I hit a formerly frequent visitor w/ a text msg today to stop by and be active if he wanted his rig nominated....

Good man, JB. Thanks for opening the poll.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Is Gibs a splashed or a work in progress sorta splash?

No reply to text yet, but I think he works nites......

GA_Boater

I just tried looking at the poll when I wasn't logged in and couldn't vote. Once I logged in with my test user I was able to vote again. I still managed to vote for #10, None Of The Above. :doh:

The Public Vote stuff allows users to click on the face icon to see who voted on the choices. Clicking off the Public Vote removes the face icon so voting is anonymous. I set it back to Public after playing, JB.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
When I posted it w/ out checking the public vote, the clickable choices didn't show up at all. Maybe there was a lag?

I don't mind any & all knowing which I voted for, other's might prefer to be unknown...... I guess if it gets hinky a MOD could look thru the voting to see who voted for who......

Hinky's a specialized technical term for Jinky
jinkies.jpg

Tnstratofam

Commander
I know this should be common sense, but when the actual poll is started remind people that when they cast their vote it is final as you can't go back and change it. I know it should be evident, but some of us are slow on the uptake.:rolleyes: Namely me.:watermelon:

Oh yeah and thanks to all who work behind the scenes so to speak to keep this kind of stuff going. I.E, Jb and Ga and many more I don't know about.:encouragement:

GA_Boater

This list is getting long. I don't know if Mods can see who voted in a poll private poll. I'll check into it.

GA_Boater

We have our ways to know.:)

And the answer is "You can hide, but we'll still get ya" :LOL:

As long as the first post with the poll can be edited, the results and voters can be seen. That's one down. :eek:

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
GA you might want to edit the secret thread out of your post.

When I was doing my Xtreme Steering install and review Bob let me know but kept it hidden so the masses would not post between entries.

Also, Great job jbc keeping the Starmada on track.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

I took it out, 64. But it isn't secret. Any time a post is made in there, it still shows up in the new posts and anyone can access it. But still better safe than sorry.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Also, Great job jbc keeping the Starmada on track.
Just a gentle bump every now and again is all....

Else it goes all kerswat and we gotta resort to rubber hoses and 40 lashes with an old anchor rope.....

Dont even get me started on what it takes to be relegated to a glasser lackey... Nobody wants THAT.....Trust me

So keep it on the straight and narrow fellas... THEY are watching ;)

jbcurt00

Staff member
Man, tough crowd.............
9 votes
0 Likes
:confused: :blue:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Sign of the times I guess...:noidea:

I voted for lucky #7 when you first posted the thread.

Fun Times

Staff member
The Public Vote stuff allows users to click on the face icon to see who voted on the choices. Clicking off the Public Vote removes the face icon so voting is anonymous. I set it back to Public after playing, JB.

When I posted it w/ out checking the public vote, the clickable choices didn't show up at all. Maybe there was a lag?
JB, are you able to "edit" your poll question and click on making the poll private or public now that the poll has been posted?

Right now as a test, I have the poll set to private, are you able to set it to public?

jbcurt00

Staff member
JB, are you able to "edit" your poll question and click on making the poll private or public now that the poll has been posted?

Right now as a test, I have the poll set to private, are you able to set it to public?
I can edit the poll settings and reset it to public, but it doesn't work.

I tried going to other forum pages and clicking back thru from the SC homepage, but nope, still private, even though when I go back to edit again, the public box is still checked......

Fun Times

Staff member
I can edit the poll settings and reset it to public, but it doesn't work.

I tried going to other forum pages and clicking back thru from the SC homepage, but nope, still private, even though when I go back to edit again, the public box is still checked......
Actually it did work...Right now I see it's back to public and you can see who voted by clicking on the faces. So that means you can turn it on and off at will like us.;)

jbcurt00

Staff member
Actually it did work...Right now I see it's back to public and you can see who voted by clicking on the faces. So that means you can turn it on and off at will like us.;)

Oops I got the public @cast votes w/ the ability to cast a vote (which is what I thought it was for originally) and until I reset the poll to open, I hadn't voted so the poll looked different then it does now that I've voted....

I gotta go to bed.... dazed & confused..... I think I may have drain bamage :sleeping:

GA_Boater

It does change after you vote, JB. Show results and vote now (or something similar) disappear.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
Glad to see you picking up the slack for the Starmada JB. Work and family have kept me busy. No time for much of anything. I'll vote in SOTY though.

God Bless to all the Starmadians.