OHOH

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Man, you do good work, Glen. The wagon looks brand-spankin' new. I think the ski locker is a bit shallow. :lol: What is the box on the tongue, electric brake controller?

dIItrailer.PNG

dozerII

Admiral
Thanks everyone, I won't say it was a fun project cuz it is a trailer!!

H20 I know what you mean about finding a decent tandem very hard to find, that's why when both of these came up I grabbed them. I guess we will see what the market bears on a shiny looking one.

GAB, the box is called the engager, all trailers with a GVW of over 3 thousand pounds here have to have one in case the trailer parts company with the tow vehicle, the box has a charge circuit and small 12 volt gel-cell that actuates the electric brakes ( most expensive item for the rebuild)
After selling the stereo, motor, and out drive from the donor the trailer cost me $110. I invested another $280 in supplies and a whack of labor, time will tell.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Top Notch work Glen! Hopefully you fetch top dollar on that baby!

GA_Boater

Thanks, Glen. I thought it had E-Brakes. I couldn't see a master cylinder cap.

InMotion

Commander
Slick Glen. Very Slick!!! To bad that trailer is getting sold... that would look mighty slick under any boat of your's!

Jim

dozerII

Admiral
Top Notch work Glen! Hopefully you fetch top dollar on that baby!

Thanks Classic

Thanks, Glen. I thought it had E-Brakes. I couldn't see a master cylinder cap.

The old hydraulic brakes didn't work and some greased the bearing buddies till the drums were right full:facepalm:

Slick Glen. Very Slick!!! To bad that trailer is getting sold... that would look mighty slick under any boat of your's!

Jim

Thanks Jim, gotta sell some stuff to buy more stuff.

real nice work as usual there doz, should be able to turn a profit on that easy enough!

Thanks cc

dozerII

Admiral
So yesterday was good and bad one., finished dissecting the big Sangster glasser and hauled to the dump. Over the last week I drilled 1.5inch holes in the bottom of the keel in three places to try and get out some water as I have to pay by the pound to dump it in the landfill, water ran out od the middle one for close to 6 hours at a diminishing rate. After the scales at the dump the empty hull weight a whopping 2600lbs. and $92.00 to dump.
Decided to find the water ingestion problems in the motor and found the block is cracked in the lifter valley just bellow the port head, not good.
But on the good side the tandem that was for sale went to a new owner leaving me with a real nice wad of cash and another single axle ezloader to spruce up and flip.

GA_Boater

Too bad about the cracked motor. :blue: Not bad about the new landfill resident. :joyous: Real good on the trailer flip. :thumb:

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Nice flip on the trailer Glen to bad about the motor, do you think you can fix it, nice motor if you can, and you could have H20 a race.

dozerII

Admiral
Another soggy rotten one bites the dust!

Best place for them

Too bad about the cracked motor. :blue: Not bad about the new landfill resident. :joyous: Real good on the trailer flip. :thumb:

Sucks when P/O's can't take five minutes to pull 6 plugs to drain it, not even a ridge in the cylinder bore:faint2:

Nice flip on the trailer Glen to bad about the motor, do you think you can fix it, nice motor if you can, and you could have H20 a race.

Thanks John, nope she is toast, where the crack is it has a chunk out of the cylinder head surface. Almost more money to be made on trailer flipping than boats LOL.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
To bad would have been a nice motor. whats the bottom end like

budski

Lieutenant Commander
would it fit an inline 6 cyl 165 hp some guy on wpg kijiji has 1 for sale but he's asking 600.00

dozerII

Admiral
would it fit an inline 6 cyl 165 hp some guy on wpg kijiji has 1 for sale but he's asking 600.00

This one is a 1988 Alpha one so the old 165 has different size fly wheel and bell housing. That's a pretty good price on the 165 if it's in good shape.

dozerII

Admiral
The Bounty, this was definitly the best donor boat deal so far, there were a lot of hardware items not worth taking off as they were corroded too bad or it would have been better.

Intrument cluster, steering wheel and a new rack and pinion with 13 foot cable.

Bennett 9x18 hydraulic trim tabs, need to fix the resivoir mount.

Almost new composite kicker bracket.

8 month old 27 series deep cycle battery

Brand new Bosch alternator.

Brand new exhaust manifolds.

A nice Danforth anchor.

Plus the complete 1988 Alpha 1 drive and the 87 EZloader tandem trailer all for $1600 plus a $100. to scrap the ugly glasser.