OHOH

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I gotta agree about bringing a known good wagon. If you bring axles, then you find busted springs or something else. Closer to home maybe, but 10 hours away, tote a good trailer. You can always unload one of the other boats and use that trailer.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Next problem is the seller wanting you to haul off the garbage trailer rather than leaving it behind.

GA_Boater

Tell him you will come back for the trailer in a day or two. Then erase the GPS as you drive away. :eek:

64osby

Admiral
You could have BudSki do the work over the winter. :D:eek:

That company you work for must have a flatbed. You just need to commandeer one, or write a work order to pick up some "used equipment".;)

dozerII

Admiral
I gotta agree about bringing a known good wagon. If you bring axles, then you find busted springs or something else. Closer to home maybe, but 10 hours away, tote a good trailer. You can always unload one of the other boats and use that trailer.

Exactly

Next problem is the seller wanting you to haul off the garbage trailer rather than leaving it behind.

Not the Seller but his Admiral, all I can say is WOW

Tell him you will come back for the trailer in a day or two. Then erase the GPS as you drive away. :eek:

Didn't need a GPS the boat is located 3 blocks away from where I lived for a couple years way back in the 70's

You could have BudSki do the work over the winter. :D:eek:

That company you work for must have a flatbed. You just need to commandeer one, or write a work order to pick up some "used equipment".;)

Ya I don't think I would ask anyone to do that nasty project for me, outside in the winter in the interlake region in Manitoba.

dozerII

Admiral
Not going to get caught with a bad trailer again, look what Santa brought me.

Real nice Ezloader tandem, good tires, needs paint and re-wiring. The itchy boat that came with it has a Stringer 800 with a 233 SBC, that had about $1800. spent on it in repairs in the last 4 years. I'm pretty sure it runs will find that out later today. There is a bunch of real nice SS hardware in perfect condition, Real good Pioneer amp, equalizer and speakers. If it all works out I may even get paid for the trailer.;)

dozerII

Admiral
Not going to get caught with a bad trailer again, look what Santa brought me.

Real nice Ezloader tandem, good tires, needs paint and re-wiring. The itchy boat that came with it has a Stringer 800 with a 233 SBC, that had about $1800. spent on it in repairs in the last 4 years. I'm pretty sure it runs will find that out later today. There is a bunch of real nice SS hardware in perfect condition, Real good Pioneer amp, equalizer and speakers. If it all works out I may even get paid for the trailer.;)

GA_Boater

Keep snowing - It makes the WLOD invisible. :lol:

You said all the right things when you sat on Santa's lap, Glen! :thumb:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I've always loved the look of tandem axle trailers although they cost twice as much to maintain. I hope the fat man in the sleigh was able to cart that itchy load around without needing a red tyvek suit. :lol:

dozerII

Admiral
He shoots.....he scores!!! That's great.

Thanks Willy

Keep snowing - It makes the WLOD invisible. :lol:

You said all the right things when you sat on Santa's lap, Glen! :thumb:

It was actually the Admirals idea and came with her blessing, she's wonderful.

I've always loved the look of tandem axle trailers although they cost twice as much to maintain. I hope the fat man in the sleigh was able to cart that itchy load around without needing a red tyvek suit. :lol:

I really like tandems as well. With light aluminum boats like these Starcrafts I don't think tire and bearing wear will be a factor. Now when your talking soggy soaked itchy boats that's another story.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Congrats!

Santa brought me a hot mess on a nice trailer too:
01010_ipZWezlIQ9F_600x450.jpg

Nothings much salvageable on the boat, unlike yours, but other then the tires/rims, galv trailer is in great shape..... Plus it only cost me gas money, a spare set of tires I already had and about an hour to unbury it and drag it outta the ditch it was sinking into. Not planing to pull much off the boat before it goes to the great beyond on free dump day in 2 weeks.

Hope the jolly ole fella brought everybody lots of good boat loot this year..

dozerII

Admiral
Congrats!

Santa brought me a hot mess on a nice trailer too:
01010_ipZWezlIQ9F_600x450.jpg

Nothings much salvageable on the boat, unlike yours, but other then the tires/rims, galv trailer is in great shape..... Plus it only cost me gas money, a spare set of tires I already had and about an hour to unbury it and drag it outta the ditch it was sinking into. Not planing to pull much off the boat before it goes to the great beyond on free dump day in 2 weeks.

Hope the jolly ole fella brought everybody lots of good boat loot this year..

Congrats back at ya jb, from the back that boat does look a mess. Santa was real good to us.:D

64osby

Admiral
That sure looks like a Florida licence tag on that trailer.:lol:

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
All right!!! Which one of you are secretly gonna restore that glass???? Huh, Huh, come on now, fess up :eek::lol:

Hey DII, I see ya have hydro actuator on that trailer. Do the brakes on it work?

jbcurt00

Staff member
All right!!! Which one of you are secretly gonna restore that glass???? Huh, Huh, come on now, fess up

nope, not going to happen

Rather unskillfully dumped it in the yard tonight, it'll get 1 final 1 way journey to its final resting place the 2nd Sat in Jan, free dump day
:)

dozerII

Admiral
All right!!! Which one of you are secretly gonna restore that glass???? Huh, Huh, come on now, fess up :eek::lol:

Hey DII, I see ya have hydro actuator on that trailer. Do the brakes on it work?

Nope the brakes don't work, but I just happen to have a brand new complete pair of electrics with drums in stock. AND THERE AIN'T NO WAY THE GLASSER IS GETTING FIXED UP.:eek:

Last edited:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Santa brought you another planting bed :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Santa brought you another planting bed :lol:

Mine came 'pre-filled' w/ mulch and trees. Never dragged home a boat w/ this big of a tree growing in it: 1.5in+ diameter trunk, 7ft tall :faint2:

Actually it was using a seat cushion as a root bed......

GA_Boater

Mine came 'pre-filled' w/ mulch and trees. Never dragged home a boat w/ this big of a tree growing in it: 1.5in+ diameter trunk, 7ft tall :faint2:

Actually it was using a seat cushion as a root bed......

Oh, did you put a string of lights on it, JB? LOL