70's gutted Starcraft SuperSport? Restore (somewhat?)

Thanks MNhunter, I would have to agree, this boat is most likely a holiday, the bow of the 16 foot holiday matches mine minus the mods. Thanks guys for helping me figure this out. Thanks for pointing that out stevecur, and thanks MNhunter for the pictures and info to show me the difference. After looking at those pics and the old paint that is left on mine I am thinking it is similar if not the same as the one in this thread: [h=2]1974 Starcraft Holiday 16' Restore[/h]

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I hate seeing those dead threads that end half way through the project and the guys seem so eager to make their boats new again too... :noidea:

home-boy

Banned
I thank heaven every time I see these threads. I realize I stumbled into a pretty good boat.

64osby

Admiral
I hate seeing those dead threads that end half way through the project and the guys seem so eager to make their boats new again too... :noidea:

I've viewed a ton of them trying to research the Lone Star project. Always makes me wonder if they were finished, scrapped or someone else picked up the work.

SigSaurP229

Commander
My guess is Mariner that has been heavily modified. OR SS, if its an SS I actually happen to have the aluminum support for the front seats, if you are in the US shipping wouldn't be much.

BUT I am sticking with Mariner, as if it were a Holiday or anything else with a Bowectomy then the bow wouldn't look nearly as smooth, and an SS would have the seating support riveted to the hull as well or a bunch of holes where it used to be. My bet is Mariner.

As far as the trim on the inner hull you will have to custom fab something out of aluminum from lowes or home depot most likely. The hull has unfortunately a ton of structural issues that will need to be dealt with slow and steady will win the race on this one.

Last edited: