Fuel Cell Size 21' Mariner

ho1ywars

Cadet
Hey guys,

Might have be developing a problem. Just baught a second starcraft, 21' mariner center console (boss isnt happy haha).

Well the boat didnt come with a fuel tank, just wondering what you guys suggest. Will be doing mostly bay fishing, might hit the ocean every once in a while. Its gana get a 115 yami four stroke on the back of her. I see the mariner orginally came with a bow tank? How big was it? I found a moeller bow tank thats 19 gallons. Do you guys think this is big enough? Id like to keep it in the bow if possible to improve ride. Any suggestions apprciated.

-shawn

Nismoron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm currently deconstructing my Mariner 21. Mine has 2 tanks that I just removed. The front tank was about 1/3 of the way back from the front. It is 20 gallons. The second tank was under the port side of the splashwell. If I recall correctly, it is 12 gallons. I can provide pics and measurements if you need them.

64osby

Admiral
What year?

My 1973 came with an 18 gal. above the floor under the spashwell. Never have seen anything on one in the bow on a Mariner.

Nismoron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What year?

My 1973 came with an 18 gal. above the floor under the spashwell. Never have seen anything on one in the bow on a Mariner.

Mine is an 86-87. I dont recall which at the moment. Bow tank is under floor. First pic is after foam was removed, right before I pulled the tank. Secons pic is when I first got the boat. Just before I got started working on it.

Last edited:

Nismoron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That's about all that is going to fit up there. Tank size all depends on your intended range and your fuel burn rate. I'll have 32 gallons with a pretty fuel hungry Mariner 115hp I-6. But I rarely go more more than about 20-25 miles round trip.