Road Trip

dozerII

Admiral
Don't want to jinx it, but it looks like a road trip coming up on the weekend of the 3-4 of October 18 SS 140 Mercruiser bottom feeder priced but 1500k 1 way:facepalm:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Hey good luck!! Consider it an adventure. Bring your tools, compression gauge, grease gun, jack and a can or two of fix a flat. ;)

We will be here for advice.

So where is the trip to and from?

dozerII

Admiral
Hey good luck!! Consider it an adventure. Bring your tools, compression gauge, grease gun, jack and a can or two of fix a flat. ;)
We will be here for advice.So where is the trip to and from?

Boat comes without a trailer, so I'm taking a trusted spare with new tires. From the South West corner of Saskatchewan Can. to Minneapolis Mn.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would have a fellow iBoater take a look at the condition prior to making a 3000 mile round trip.

MNhunter1

Ensign
I'm an hour and a half south of Mpls/St. Paul, but pretty sure I wouldn't have an opportunity to get up there in the next couple weeks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You can always tell when the Sask. boating season ends - Dozer heads south to hijack some tin. :D So long I've forgotten if we are supposed to notify the Mounties, U.S. Border Patrol or both. :doh:

Is she the next winter project or stockpile replentishment, DII?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Good luck and I hope they don't sell her out from under you. I had a guy in the Seattle area selling on CL a 18' SS Ob for 750, called him and made arrangements to come pick it up. I called just before leaving and he sold it out from under me anyway.

dozerII

Admiral
I would have a fellow iBoater take a look at the condition prior to making a 3000 mile round trip.

I would if there was some one close, I got some real good pictures of the boat and the owner sounds like a real standup Gentleman. Plus if the hull is as good as it looks it's worth the $300.

I'm an hour and a half south of Mpls/St. Paul, but pretty sure I wouldn't have an opportunity to get up there in the next couple weeks.

Thanks MN I kinda figured that when I saw you were from Rochester

You can always tell when the Sask. boating season ends - Dozer heads south to hijack some tin. :D So long I've forgotten if we are supposed to notify the Mounties, U.S. Border Patrol or both. :doh:
Is she the next winter project or stockpile replentishment, DII?

I'm going down under cover this time, the boat is for the owner of the Naked Lady, Twofootitis and MBS claims another.

Good luck and I hope they don't sell her out from under you. I had a guy in the Seattle area selling on CL a 18' SS Ob for 750, called him and made arrangements to come pick it up. I called just before leaving and he sold it out from under me anyway.

The current owner took it off Clist as soon as he hug up with me, so here's hoping it all works out. Good thing is there are about 6 to choose from in the area with bottom feeder pricing.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Anybody want to write a smart phone app:
Where in the World is Dozer: An interactive tracking map for following along on his 1500mi 1way boat pickups..... :D

I assure you this ^^^ is not intended (primarily) as a early warning system for securing our border. :spy:

:canada:

Safe travels Glen.

There are @16 pins from Duluth to Eau Claire/Chetek to Sioux Falls. I'd be at least 1 is @30min away. Verndale and Washburn are 2 of the E/W outliers.

Nurseman may be your best bet. He's rebuilding a Lund tinny:
'83 Lund "Sirius" total gut and rebuild

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Correction...lund glasser :p Good luck and safe travels Glen! I knew you couldnt go into the deep freeze without a new project!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Oops. Maybe I picked the wrong thread.... Still likely to find 1 outta 16.....

dozerII

Admiral
I will find out exactly where the boat is located, then figure out who may be able to go look at it for us.

InMotion

Commander
Awesome man...!! Is this a fall/winter/spring build?? I need my "Glen TV" for the next 8 months!!! :)

Jim

dozerII

Admiral
Awesome man...!! Is this a fall/winter/spring build?? I need my "Glen TV" for the next 8 months!!! :)

Jim

If we can work out the title issues, once she comes home it will go in storage for a couple years.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Here I was hoping to see Super Dozer tear into an old rotten Chief and make her shine like new again. I guess an SS will have to do... ;)

64osby

Admiral
Good thing is there are about 6 to choose from in the area with bottom feeder pricing.

Surprised your not bringing a 45' flatbed and loading up 3 or 4 of them. Inventory for the Glencraft Renovation Company.

Happy trails.:joyous:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Don't give GRC any ideas, 64. All our tinnies will end up with a Maple Leaf decal. :eek: :lol: :canada:

dozerII

Admiral
Here I was hoping to see Super Dozer tear into an old rotten Chief and make her shine like new again. I guess an SS will have to do... ;)

That's my plan Water, the 18 SS is for the owner of Naked Lady. I'm still looking for the right deal on a Chief or Islander.

Surprised your not bringing a 45' flatbed and loading up 3 or 4 of them. Inventory for the Glencraft Renovation Company.

Happy trails.:joyous:

Thanks 64, the flat bed has been discussed a great, and may happen in the future if our dollar comes back some.

Don't give GRC any ideas, 64. All our tinnies will end up with a Maple Leaf decal. :eek: :lol: :canada:

Too late GA, it's happening all along the 49th