Bought a Starcraft and need help IDing it*******Update! It's a Holiday*******

home-boy

Banned
Here she is

It is about 18' and has no HIN and looks like it never had one.

It may be a late 60s Holiday but I'm not sure.

Anyone recognize it?

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to iboats. No pic came through homie. No HIN requirement prior to 1972.

The forum is having trouble using the pic upload feature so we use photobucket and paste the IMG code into the post.

home-boy

Banned
Really? I see it just fine even when using a computer w/o logging in

Anyway, here is a link

Watermann

Really? I see it just fine even when using a computer w/o logging in

Anyway, here is a link

There we go the PB pic is good, yeah that's a Holiday alright. A nice oldie too with the bow hatch. Nice score :thumb:

Watermann

Now you're talkin, at bottom feeder pricing you can't go wrong with a SC Holiday. So how about some pics of the interior. Is she in need of resto and repair? Hard to tell what's been done from the outside smurf blue paint job.:lol:

home-boy

Banned
There isn't much too look at. Steering Wheel is rigged and the seats are already gone. I found it close by so went for the bargain instead of travelling long distance.

I'm going to try to put 3 rows of bench seats in it. I haul lots of kids.

home-boy

Banned
Got her rewired and the engine hit on starting fluid but is not getting gas. I have broken/decayed/corroded wiring all over the engine. I have a nub of a brown wire sticking out from the distributor. I soldered on a replacement but it will not last :(

Carbs seem to be clogged up. I pulled the float bowl and cleaned out the needles & seats but I think every jet is clogged.

Compression seems good based upon just trying to turn over the engine. I'm debating on whether to spend money on it or buy another engine.

Watermann

Sounds like you need to find a nice old rotten glasser with a good motor. I would just try running a compression check first before deciding on tossing the old Merc.

Oh yeah and post up some pics of the motor so we can see what you're working on. :D

Last edited:

home-boy

Banned
I 1/2 way wish I had gotten the inboard version but the hull has been stripped and freshly painted so that saves a lot of headaches

home-boy

Banned
Bought a glasser with a 115 missing a lower unit. Wiring looks good, starter looks new, distributor looks good. Has trim and merc controls and a trailer for $150. Already dumped the hull at the landfill. Hope I got everything I need.

I thought about getting a 22' instead but I really will not gain much. They both measure 66" across and 108" dash to engine cover/splashwell. Of course the 22' has 2 jumpseats but I'd have to shorten the benches to provide legroom. I'm thinking about running bench seats down the sides for max footage.

Now I'm focusing on a dash, I got a correct tach and a matching speedo out of the glasser but my wood is chopped and drilled.

I pulled up one piece of rotten plywood that seems riveted down and saw Styrofoam and a giant wasp nest or 2. This may be the original floor.

Last edited:

home-boy

Banned
Update #2 It's alive

The Tower of Power runs!

Sorry for the sideways video. I did not record it that way :doh:

Last edited:

Watermann

Sideways or not, it's always a good thing when the snort to life :thumb: