GA Boater is AWESOME!!!!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
I didn't actually see an official congrats thread so here it is, in the appropriate forum no doubt:becky:

(sorry if I missed it somewhere)

Big congratulations to GA on landing a highly prized and well paid MODERATOR position here on iboats! Way to go buddy!

Actually now that I think about it, moderating the iboats forums is just about like getting a daily...

kick-in-the-junk.jpg

(keeping in the spirit of the world cup here)

Congratulations buddy and thanks a bunch for your service:joyous::thumb:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Congratulations (I think :noidea: :p) GaB!!!!

Thanks for all of the help & guidance!!

Last edited:

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Many thanks GA for stepping up to the plate for us! ... hopefully you can buy an athletic cup with this new highly paid job :eek:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Well shucks, guys. <--- I know you can't hear that, but is was written in a high pitch voice. :lol:

Ya know they think I'm biased. I had to agree to no picking on boats with no reevets made primarily from sand and plastic. :blue: We'll see how that goes, no paycheck so far! :rolleyes:

I need some practice, want me to try moving that itty-bitty Islander topic out of Restos into TinHalla? :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
I need some practice, want me to try moving that itty-bitty Islander topic out of Restos into TinHalla? :D

Ha! If that thread needs to move somewhere it should prolly go over to the Dockside Chat:rolleyes::dejection::topsy_turvy:

Hey GAMOD, here's a Q for ya....

I'd like to have my sig linked to the relevant threads (obviously).

When I attempt to do so the new and "improved" iboats gives me an error message something like "BB Code size is too large". Can we make the code bigger or something, eh?

Rockon :rockon:

GA_Boater

Let me see what can be done, Jas. I can't even change my own password, but we'll see.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
GAB is going to be a super addition to the already great iboats MOD Squad! :encouragement:

I asked BigMikey to send you a PM about getting his thread moved over here from the resto forum. He got the paint off the plate and she's a 15 SC Sprint.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Congrats are certainly in order so with that said I will imbibe upon a celebratory beverage in your honor.

GA_Boater

Hey Willie, stop drinking in my honor and pass a couple over. :D And thanks all. All I have to do is figure out how do all this stuff and avoid the Red Button!

One thing I can do is move topics, so when I get Big's PM, I'll his spirit his Sprint away from the dust cloud to over here, the non-toxic safe haven. See - I can still talk about "them". :lol:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey look I'm a new rank, a CADET Commander! :heh:

Tnstratofam

Commander
Congrats Ga. Glad your around to offer up lots of great advice, and maybe help some of us keep our wits about us when we're on here chatting..

GA_Boater

Zoo Keeper, Bwana - Ha! I'm one of the inmates. :lol:
Hey Jason - Check out your sig. :smile: I'm not sure I'll do that again. :eek:
BigMikey has moved into the neighborhood. There go property values. :D

GA_Boater

And you're not, FT? OOOPS I was told the first check is in the mail. :smile: :confused:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Hey Jason - Check out your sig. :smile: I'm not sure I'll do that again. :eek:

Hey thanks man! But one problem, the Jet Star link takes me to the Restos and Rebuilds. I just tried to go in and edit my sig to the correct link but it gives me an error message about being more than 1000 characters and the BB code again.

There's no way you should have to go in and edit my sig, you have way better things to do buddy. As you know, my sig seems to change up in pretty regular intervals :facepalm::becky: you surely don't want to have that extra workload on your plate.

Do I need to change/shorten up my sig? Or, is this a glitch with the new site that just needs fixing?

GA_Boater

Oops. Looking through 108 started topics and so many in a place requiring full body protection and dusty googles - Well I got cross eyed. :eek:

This is a one time only, Jas. I'll fix the Jet Star in a bit. I'll make it right and the IT guys will find the fix! :doh: Maybe the 1000 character limit is the clue?