Fuel filter/water separator on newer Starcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldwizard1

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 2001 Starfire 170LE. Basically an SS with a pedestal mount up front and in back on a casting platform. The fuel tank is either under the splash well or in the floor. The fuel feed to the outboard is through a fitting in the splash well. Not really much room in the splash well.

Where would you mount a fuel filter/water separator on this configuration ?

Related question. The vertical panel that runs between the rear casting platform and the deck is covered in marine carpeting. I assume it is screwed to some braces. Any slick ways of locating those screw heads buried in the carpeting so I can put this panel off and take a look underneath ?

Dandydan

Seaman Apprentice
So i find steel studs behind sheet rock with a cow magnet attached to a piece of duct tape folded over the end. Holding the tape it dangles freely but when it “senses” the stud, it flies forward and contacts the sheet rock over the stud. Finds screws in a wood wall the same way. Would work for you. BTW, a cow magnet is fed to cattle to hold all the steel junk they eat in one place so it doesn’t cut up their intestines. Looks like a capsule pill about 2 inches long and a half inch in diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.