1963 Jet Star Windshield Replacement

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Any updates? After another season of not being able to see through my "antique" windshield, I'm getting closer to my project...

bgc

Ensign
I did the Paper Mache Clay on the last trial and it worked well but hadn't dried by the time I was ready to use the boat. I will start again when she goes into storage for the season.
BTY the new Deck Angles that we talked about on another post, all failed! Each of them broke when running her WOT. I bought some aluminum stock and will try my hand at making some new ones.......at some point

lakelover

Rear Admiral
I'm not glad to hear you say that, but I am glad I'm not the only one who experienced it! I bought some very expensive new ones and the ones I installed broke after a short time! Expensive junk!

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander
Older picture of my 1963 Jetstar, I stole the windshield from one of those tri hulls people throw away, it was mounted on a flat surface, but it adapted to the curved bow nicely.

boat_dog.jpg

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander
Another angle
DSCF0251.jpg

Just a thought, and I also got a new trailer from the donor... :)

lakelover

Rear Admiral
BTY the new Deck Angles that we talked about on another post, all failed! Each of them broke when running her WOT. I bought some aluminum stock and will try my hand at making some new ones.......at some point

Apparently still available, that's about what I paid for them:

externaldeckangleholddown.jpg

"External Deck Angle".

Last edited: