SC fix (pics)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Re: SC fix (pics)

couple emails from dad:

If you have any contact with Jack you need to let him know because he is really the forefather. I just supplied the money. I will comb the files again and see if I can find any others.

and to the model of the Loon, pre-conversion:

I?ve been wracking my brain to remember that. So far I can?t. It was nominally 21 feet long ? really a little less - and was rated at 140 HP. Given that it only weighed 750 pounds ? I think I remember that ? in its native, non Loonified form it was alarmingly fast. We only had tachs so I never knew how fast but there wasn?t anything on the Willamette river that could outrun us. As a historic aside, we found Brown abandoned at the Oaks Park boat ramp the night we brought the loon ? still in native Starcraft form ? in from its first run. He was about ten weeks old and decided he liked us. So he went to live with Jack. A lot of pheasants lived to regret that event. Brown and Blitz were a deadly team. And Brown always got one by himself. He could catch anything in mid air that was so unwise as to break from his point. A point last about the boat. I always thought it was the 21 foot cruiser hull with a little freeboard (and therefore, length) chopped.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander

The more I look at that design, the more I like it. Stand-up side console with an open bow...very versatile and good weather protection. The "Forefather" put together a very cool boat. Thanks for all the pics...I'm guessing I'm about your age (41), and I love photos from that era, though I barely remember it :)

PS: One of us should really build one of those...:lol:

Last edited:

kfa4303

Banned

awesome boat! I love the twin 60 Johnsons and early center console set up.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

The more I look at that design, the more I like it. Stand-up side console with an open bow...very versatile and good weather protection. The "Forefather" put together a very cool boat. Thanks for all the pics...I'm guessing I'm about your age (41), and I love photos from that era, though I barely remember it :)

PS: One of us should really build one of those...:lol:

beating you by six.

I also remember that the tent was rolled up and put under the console - if it was not open underneath like that would not have worked. Knowing uncle jack it was an accidental bonus he took great joy in claiming was a well thought out inspiration.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

The more I look at that design, the more I like it. Stand-up side console with an open bow...very versatile and good weather protection.
Well, I know where there's a certain bowlander that could be modified. :behindsofa: - Grandad

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
adding a new pic dad found the other day, plus this will remind me that now we can edit posts i'll come back and re-group after the photonazi debale, but I really want pics here. I may upload here as well as hot link to future proof.