1983 26' Starcraft Sportfisherman 261V Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
1) ̶Y̶a̶m̶a̶h̶a̶ ̶T̶9̶.̶9̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶X̶L̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶f̶t̶,̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶r̶i̶c̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶T̶&̶T̶

2) OB Bracket

3) Pole Barn

Only 2 to go. :becky:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Yah, I think getting just the poles set and the roof on would be a realistic goal for this summer.

I'll make burgers on the grill if you guys come up!

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
That would be a funny site. Instead of work trailers at a job site, you'd have a bunch of workers with boat trailers attached to their vehicles. Good luck with the barn. I know it has been a long time goal of yours.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Yah, I think getting just the poles set and the roof on would be a realistic goal for this summer.

Good enough!

ZWAU2QZ.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Right! That's exactly what I'm thinking I'll start with ^^^^:thumb:

Is that yours chem?

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Is that yours chem?

Nope, I wish it was. I'm in a "city," so it's near impossible to get a permit for those.

But I can build one of these and call it a "greenhouse." That'll happen before my next boat project.

XyTakUu.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
BAM!
20170203_160917.jpg

20170203_161001.jpg

20170203_160946.jpg

So, major pieces of this project in place?
Big outboard
, check!
Matching XL shaft, electric start, power tilt, 9.9 kicker, check!
OB bracket, check!
Pole barn, tbd...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
This popped up on eBay. One of the bracket builders there had a cancelled order and let this go for a deal.

Yes, it's a dual bracket, 48" wide pod, 26" setback, full 72" platform. It's predrilled for a dual, no prob, I can plug those up.

My main Yamaha 250 and 9.9 kicker should fit on there nicely:thumb:

Tnstratofam

Commander
Nice score!:thumb: Dual outboards would be awesome!:rockon: Then you wouldn't have to plug any holes either.:rolleyes:

Just sayin!:D

jbcurt00

Staff member
New bracket, doesnt look like its ever been installed?

Congrats.

New at bottom feeder pricing?

EDIT: you posted the details while I was asking.....

Brackett221

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm liking the "Brackett on this Tin Boat! I can't wait to see how this turns out. I've read threw this whole thread just to see what happened to the IO. So, do you still have the 5.7L or just decided to go OB? I really like the ideal of the Brackett on the Starcraft. Are you going to do hydraulic steering?

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The 260 went in his other build, the Islander.

That's a well built pod, looks like you have everything you need to get the Tintanic moving forward now.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Nice score Jas. I would hold off on plugging those holes until she's ready for the water. You never know when an old glass donor will show up with a matching outboard for next to nothing. Of course, then you'll have to pay for all that gas. That would be something I'd be willing to except for 500 ponies out back. Question about the bracket. Do you have to or, I should say, will you be making the transom thicker to support all that weight 2 feet off the boat?

Pusher

Lieutenant
Now that's an exciting step!!! You're building dream boat.

Stupid question.... Do they build those pods to the hull or is it a generic fit more or less?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Yup 221, that V8 replaced my V6 in the Islander that had some sort of nasty goblyn living it it. Very frustrating process, but, I've moved on. Plus, as you can see, I'm an OB guy now!:thumb:

Yah guys, twin OB's would be totally awesome, no doubt. But, logical and practical kinda beats out the "cool factor". Twins means fully double the expense, on everything, double the maintenance too. The redundancy and cool factor is something to talk about but, with my kicker I have the redundancy and my wallet simply can't afford to be cool.

WM, I do hope to get the bare minimum poles in place and roof on for the pole building this summer. I hope anyway. With that bare bones structure at least I could get moving along in the build eh:joyous:

Pat, the pod itself is really beefed up, nice brackets and channel built in. I'll shoot some photos of the structure when I can so you guys can check it out. For the boat, the transom will be the same but I'll include some C channel at the bolt up and I'll tie that in to the hull of the boat with a pair of heavy brackets. What I have planned in my melon should be all that it need plus more.:rockon:

Pusher, at last check I believe our Starcraft transom's are at the 13 deg range. This bracket was built at 14 deg. I think in the real world that one degree difference will be a wash, no prob. This guy (along with most other bracket builders) will customize any bracket to the hull.

Have a great weekend fellas:eek:nthego:

Status
Not open for further replies.