Starcraft support??

greg crosby

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 221 Islander 1988 3.7 165hp. I have no factory info or owners manual. I have tried going to Starcraft on the web but can find no support. I have the number 8 manual. I know that copywrite laws are involved BUT does anyone have an owners manual/operators manual or know of an address that I can buy or copy this information from????Please!

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Starcraft support??

Is there something specific you need info or an answer for? Your thread back in April asked the same thing....

Unless Ebay has one, I don't know where you'd go and like you said, StarCraft will be no help.

We are here to help...ask away!

barato2

Commander

like DJ said.........

might be a bit unrealistic to expect much support from factory on a 25 yr old boat. my experience is that owner's manuals are mostly liability disclaimers and warnings for idiots anyway. you'll find that the collective hivemind here can answer Qs the factory couldn't begin to and is happy to talk tin anytime.

greg crosby

Seaman Apprentice

OK. I have a 3 blade merc 19' on the boat. It runs 4500rpm wot. I would like to run a four blade prop and have wot 4200. The book says 4,400 top. Would this be a bad idea? If I go to a four blade would this bring the rpms down too much? Do they make cupped edge four blade props? Where is the best place too buy a four blade? I know there is a prop section but aluminum starcrafts seem to be a bit different and I don't know what OTHER 221 ISLANDER owners run.

I also would like to know about the boat wiring?(console)

Did Starcraft make a larger aluminum cabin type boat 26? If so what years?

barato2

Commander

yes, they made a 26, not sure which years. they are so rare that if you want one and find one, you grab it and don't worry about the year.

not sure on your prop Qs. i know our esteemed sponsor iBoats has props, likely as cheap as anyone. if anything, you might want to run a prop with a little more pitch than the glasser boats your size run, since your hull is lighter. fact that you can get over max rpm with current prop says you can definitely run more pitch.

what do you want to know about the console and wiring? remember, wiring is an issue where you will often find work done by previous owners that may not match the wiring diagrams if you can find any.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

For the prop...do you have a good propeller shop in the area? A lot of times you can "buy" one, probably used, try it out and as long as you don't wreck it you can trade it back and get another pitch until you fine the perfect one. It would be a little messing around, but every boat is different. The chances of making the switch and hitting it perfect first time is probably not too high...

barato2

Commander

good advice. hard to beat actually trying out til you find the perfect one. you'll pay a litle more than mail ordering but might be worth it for the expertise.

there's also the option of Pirhana replaceable-blade composite props....you buy one hub and then can chnge the blades for different pitches. plus if you whack a blade, you just replace that blade.