1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

dozerII

Admiral
That is hillarious, campground village with a Starcraft parade, ha!:cheerful:

Looks like a bunch of fun man!:first:

It was thanks Jason

Nice, the Naked Lady & In the Red both look great.............. As at iboats, it takes a village :watermelon:

Sounds like a great place to spend a week :cool:

Thanks jb it is a great spot.

Nice Glen!!! Glad to see some of your hard work on display in a parade!! That's awesome!! Glad to hear that the weather turned for the better... man what a weird weather year.

PS -- Sorry to hear about your Dog passing a little bit ago...

Jim

Thanks Jim, we miss her a whole lot. P.S I sent you a pm.

Sounds like you had a great time. Can't never complain about great fishing either. Gotta love a campground parade......that's great.

Thanks Wnw

Is this a first? A Starcraft parade!!! I didn't any of the "other" boats in the parade. :D

No other boats but a whole lot of street rods, floats and old tractors.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh yeah that is one cool camping village, we don't have anything like that around here and both SC's looked great in the parade. Catching that many fish I would have been having a fry every night and eating fish for breakfast!

dozerII

Admiral
Thanks Water, ya we have come up with ways to eat the fish for every meal, so we can get back on the water fishing.:D

dozerII

Admiral
Well it was a wonderful summer, total of five weeks and 4 weekends spent at camp. Closed up and winterized camp on the weekend of the 11. We were hoping to get out in the boats again for one last load of fish, but if it's one thing you can count on, living on the prairies is wind spring and fall, and it blew all weekend. Brought the Holiday home and put her in the hanger. Got the outside washed off this past weekend and the water drained from the 120. Now I have to get all the fish poop and blood out of her and touch up the polish before she gets put away for the winter.
My plan over the winter is to try and find the small leak I have that is driving me nuts, and redo the trailer as it looks pretty bad under the nice shiny boat.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
:blue: on putting her up for the winter, DII. :D on all the fun and fish she gave you.

GA_Boater

5 gallons??? Heck you're still good for next year and the year after. :D

Watermann

OMG... 5 gallons!!! I had a $580 fuel bill for the month of August.

dozerII

Admiral
Back a ways there were a few guys concerned about maintaining the polish on the hull. The lake we use has a very high alkali content resulting in very bad water spots on the bare aluminum as well as the paint, I was a little concerned myself till today. The first three pictures are of the port side of the hull prior to polishing.

The next ones are of the starboard side after 45 minutes with the polisher and the Sonus polish.

In this pic taken from the bow you can really see the water spots below the spray rail where I haven't polished yet.

Overall I am very happy with the Sonus polish system and how easy it is to maintain. I figure it will take me a total of 3 hours to have the shine back to like new including putting on the protectant.

Mothers FX synthetic wax, takes the water spots off the paint with just a slight pressure on the microfiber cloth then a quick buff with a clean cloth.

Watermann

Now that is amazing, like a mirror! Once a year isn't too much to ask for that bit of elbow grease.

64osby

Admiral
I put a whole lot more gas in my lawn mowers, let alone the boat. Sounds like a great year at the lake.

3 hours of buffing could hardly be called elbow grease. Nice job cleaning her up.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

3 hrs. The trailer clean up will take longer. :smile: She is ready for next spring!

dozerII

Admiral
Now that is amazing, like a mirror! Once a year isn't too much to ask for that bit of elbow grease.

Thanks water.

I put a whole lot more gas in my lawn mowers, let alone the boat. Sounds like a great year at the lake.

3 hours of buffing could hardly be called elbow grease. Nice job cleaning her up.

Thanks 64, it was an awesome year just over too fast. Come to think of it I used more gas in the lawn mowers as well, will have to do more cruising next year.

3 hrs. The trailer clean up will take longer. :smile: She is ready for next spring!

The trailer don't remind me, as soon as all the exterior and interior clean up is done and a few small repairs, it will be time to take her off the trailer for it's rebuild.:facepalm::blue:

InMotion

Commander
Looking sharp Glen! I too have had the "spotting" issue... I tried Colonite this spring and it seemed to work a lot better. I had less spotting than you and I left my boat in the water for the better part of 3 months straight. Might be worth trying if you've got nothing else happing! :)

Season did seem to fly by... really weird.... lots of rain here in Ontario cottage country. Already missing the nice warm summer weather!

Take care,

Jim

dozerII

Admiral
Looking sharp Glen! I too have had the "spotting" issue... I tried Colonite this spring and it seemed to work a lot better. I had less spotting than you and I left my boat in the water for the better part of 3 months straight. Might be worth trying if you've got nothing else happing! :)

Season did seem to fly by... really weird.... lots of rain here in Ontario cottage country. Already missing the nice warm summer weather!

Take care,

Jim

Thanks Jim, yuup wicked fast summer. Sooo once again how did you apply the Colonite, I have a bottle sitting on the shelf.

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander
Looks great, I need to attempt a nice polish on my chief one of these days, I would love to have a nice mirror like that.

And I run through 6 gallons in a blink of an eye on that Chrysler, if not for the little merc kicker it would get really expensive.. :lol:

dozerII

Admiral
Looks great, I need to attempt a nice polish on my chief one of these days, I would love to have a nice mirror like that.

And I run through 6 gallons in a blink of an eye on that Chrysler, if not for the little merc kicker it would get really expensive.. :lol:

Thanks Chris, the polish is not a real terrible job, a weekend, a couple flats of beer and a couple friends and it's done.:eek::D

I know what you mean about the outboards and gas consumtion, my 90 Johnson could burn a 6 gal tank in 25 minutes pulling a tube.

InMotion

Commander
Hey Glen,

It really is wax on wax off!! :) I just applied a light covering. Anything heavier and it really dulled the finish. It is not all that much different then applying the Sonus product ---- I used a microfibre towel. The boat ends up with a very nice waxed feeling afterwards... Collinite if was developed for electricalporcelain insulators.

dozerII

Admiral
Hey Glen,

It really is wax on wax off!! :) I just applied a light covering. Anything heavier and it really dulled the finish. It is not all that much different then applying the Sonus product ---- I used a microfibre towel. The boat ends up with a very nice waxed feeling afterwards... Collinite if was developed for electricalporcelain insulators.

Thanks Jim, I might just give it a try.