Tin addiction 18' Starcraft Chieftain

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Like the view.
Wish I was ready may be later this Summer.
Keep us informed.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I haven't seen ths build yet WM! We all know what I'm reading tonight 😁

Great catch off the dock by the way!!!

Furrylittleotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That's pretty crazy you actually fished that cap out! I swear more marriages end at boat ramps than they do renovating the kitchen...my boat is super easy to launch and my wife does well, but you can count on seeing someone yelling at their wife about something. I was just putting mine on Saturday and some douchebag flew in and the wake slammed the bow into the post. Fortunately it was lined up and no damage. I just clipped the hook and left. Didn't even bother wasting my time telling him what a p.o.s. He is. Interesting hearing about weather on the right side of WA. Sounds a lot like NorCal where we lived last. Yes Seattle gets rain in abundance but 4-5 months out of the year it gets zero rain and it is absolutely perfect. A tad hot some days, but not 100!!!' We went in the sound and lake Washington this week. Both were a tad choppy but super nice. My cannonballs just came so a few more bits and we can start trolling for cut throats, salmon real soon.

Neil

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Thanks for taking look fellas. :yo:

We're like a well oiled machine at the launch 90% of the time and although mad about the end cap, it wasn't at the admiral even though she thought I was. I finally had to tell her to stop talking about it, last time I checked I was at the helm making the boat move so it was all my fault. :doh:

Well speaking of the admiral, she doesn't want me to have 3 boats now that the SS is on the water so I have decided to let my Sea Nymph go, got it up on CL today so we'll see if anyone in the area wants to pay me my asking for it. She is a great little fishing boat that I would love to keep around but I can't justify it and it would sit is all. It'll make someone a great boat for bass, panfish and walleye..

Last edited by a moderator:

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
Nice to see the Chief out and problem free. Someone is going to get a real bargain on the sea nymph, sorry you had to sell it. But at least you get to have 2 boats! I'm having a hard time convincing the admiral that I need a bigger one to restore now.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Best of luck selling the runt of your fleet there Agua! :thumb:

Worth every penny of what you're asking!

Pusher

Lieutenant
How the heck has the Nymph made it a day already? That thing looks great and is priced really reasonably!

I'm sure you'll have it sold in no time.

Pusher

Lieutenant
Great job on the restore! That boat looks awesome. It took my a while to get through the cliff notes but it was worth it. I now have a much better idea of what's involved if I try to follow your lead. Tanks for all the documentation.

Watermann

The SN has some bites and the guys local here so we'll see. I'm not into haggling over a price, it is what I want. All you have to do is look at CL and see the inventory is just about zero for this style and price range of boat in the PNW and I listed locally first.

Thanks Pusher, it was a fun and challenging restore on the Chief.

Watermann

Any cool adventures yet this year?

Not yet, only had the Chief out once so far this year, it seems to be that our weather fronts are coming through on the weekends and then it's nice during the week. :mad:

Summer officially starts in 5 days tho so we've got some time left to get out. ;)

Watermann

This morning I finished up restoring all of the pics in this Chief thread! :joyous: The only issues are the replies with quotes that have dead photo links. :mad:

Next up the little SeaNypmh thread. Speaking of the SN I didn't mention that I sold it for full asking after a sea trial. I also sold the Ez Loader trailer that came from Glen for full asking to a young man who has a Lund with a rotten ride thanks to salt water he said, it broke in half twice on him so he wanted a new trailer. He got a good one for a great deal.

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for your efforts to keep this valuable resource intact. It (and your direct input into my thread) were driving influences and reference sources for my own Chief restoration. Luckily I never used PB and uploaded photos to the iboats server so mine did not need repair. I asked the forum administrator about their storage space, and the reply was they had plenty and would get more if needed.

Ron

Watermann

Boating season is near and I pulled the outdrive off for U joint and water pump maintenance. Sierra impeller looks new still after 3 seasons. Still no water intrusion inside and the gear oil was like new with no fuzzys on the magnetic plug.

The real reason I popped in wanted to share with other Chief owners that I found a cover that will fit our 18'rs pretty darn good right from the factory. Attwood Titanium 300 denier size E. I have the cover near the stern pulled up above the fuel vent so the fumes don't collect inside other wise it drops down the side more. There's also drawstrings on the front with hooks. http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/300-denier-universal-fit-covers

I have a PVC stand mid way in the boat to keep the large area from sagging.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Attwood cover.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.5 KB ID:	10558650

Watermann

Been working on the Chief with a water pump, new trim pump and lots of cleaning. Then I look in the camera this morning and see this... I wonder if that's a sign that we should take her out for a spin today?

chief corona.jpg

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Divine intervention Agua! It would be sacrilegious not to! :angel:

M2HB

Petty Officer 1st Class
That cover fits great.

I don't know how you can stand not being on the water with that beautiful boat.

Watermann

Thanks for stopping by gents :yo:

Took the advice and went for a little cruise about 40 miles round trip, new trim pump worked awesome, the original 1988 pump was weak and noisy. Floated, drank some beer, watched a cinnamon black bear grub along the shoreline and had lunch of the water.

Some scenery no bear in pic, we didn't get close to him :lol:

y4m_wSJ5z_BNj-jIDfrEzmP5mpCcoOH4SwRza2_Jxhhls3JxAHzNT1GFXM8EF2FQ-XXv94cwnPwvfug3ag0i5tNRNDREKFJC7yKSAAzkQVIOEYIHzjJrkW_naowpWn5yPjc278yt51_ughCoWwVKeh3h9_ESKyVGm2d7S8KgHEve8yKX5a68e7jedaj3iinGuHolOyGS61EKRShTxKcvLfCqQ