flooring material 1987 Starcraft Mariner MR18

puckoach

Cadet
I have a soft spot in my floor right in front of the outboard motor about 2' squared that I'd like to fix, does anyone know where I can buy the flooring material they used on these boats, its like a pebble plastic material

here's a pic of it I took today

wsjwbb.jpg

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: flooring material 1987 Starcraft Mariner MR18

Welcome aboard!! Many of us used Nautalex vinyl available many places on the web for flooring which is very similar to factory.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

welcome!

I wonder how many of these restorations started with the intention of fixing only 1 or 2 softspots :lol:

boats are like onions.

puckoach

Cadet

thanks 1973Chieftain looks just like what I'm looking for, looks like my color is sandstone

puckoach

Cadet

I wonder how many of these restorations started with the intention of fixing only 1 or 2 softspots

ha ha I know exactly what you mean

just got done restoring my teak for my seat, came out great I think

s29o2u.jpg

307uww8.jpg

35a2amh.jpg

33jhht3.jpg

low277

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats a nice looking mariner!

puckoach

Cadet

ya thanks, I think I got a good deal, paid $2500, trailer looks brand new and its a 99, also came with a newer 6hp johnson kicker motor, an electric motor, 2 down riggers and a nice fish finder, and a brand new cover that was never used, also has a bimini top but the canvas ripped during a wind storm so thats no good now

barato2

Commander

yeah, nice boat. don't toss the bimini frame; look on fleebay or at Defender and you can pick up enough sunbrella to redo it for relatively little $. biminis don't look to be that complex to sew, and i'm pretty sure most regular sewing machines would do Sunbrella

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Defender typically has the best prices on Nautolex vinyl.

dozerII

Admiral

Great looking boat Puck, where are you located? The vinyl material in your boat looks a lot like Dek-Master, available at Home Depot in Canada, in the sandstone color.

puckoach

Cadet

I'm in Somersworth NH

I still do have the frame for the bimini

I didn't even know you could buy just the canvas, any links ?

my frame is 77" wide

thanks dozer I have a home depot a mile from me, I'll check it out

puckoach

Cadet

Defender, is that a person or a website ?

barato2

Commander

that's it. my favorite marine supply place (i won't mention who turned me on to that :rolleyes:)(if my wife knew, he'd be in danger....). but for sunbrella, you'll find better prices and a far greater selection of colors on fleebay. do read the Defender catalog first, as there are different grades of sunbrella, and the fleebay sellers won't tell you which it is unless you know to ask.

fishcrazy50

Seaman Apprentice

When I redid the deck in my 210 Mariner, Defender did not have the old style Nautilex. I bought something new they had come out with called DipDot (or something like that). Don't buy it! It stains easy and can be slick at times. The original textured stuff was a great non-skid material.

Edited: Just looked at the Defender site. The image used for Flooring, is the stuff I bought and installed. When you open Flooring, you will find they no longer offer it. I must not have been the only one that experienced problems with it. It's hotter than hades when the sun shines on it. I don't remember if the original was hot or not.

64osby

Admiral

I don't remember if the original was hot or not.

I have the original vinyl in my 83 MR 21, used to be green / white but it's more green / grey-black now. It gets pretty hot in full sun.