Time to get started on the starcraft resto.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Hayko I can 100% assure you that it is ALL worth it the first time you hit plane and cruise across the lake.

Even in the little 16SS I did just to sell the work was all worth it the first time I hit plane and she danced and sang across the top of the waves. You won't ever smile so much in your life. The SS160 is a great hull and with a 70-75 OMC triple on the back is the perfect balance of power to weight. You will be extremely pleased with that hull.

SigSaurP229

Commander
We are officially ready to close the stern. I installed the speedo pitot and tube today, also installed my depth/fish finder. All gauges now function fish finder functions speedo functions but not even close to accurate auto bilge pump works and secondary bilge works. Ready to close her up for finish up

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Don't feel bad about your speedo, the new Faria Chronos SS gauges I have work good but the speedo only to a certain point. It's dead on up until 42 MPH then the needle starts bouncing up and down. I think the water coming off the bottom of the boat gets too turbulent at that speed..

SigSaurP229

Commander
Actually Watermann my problem is exactly the opposite nuts until 20 MPH the will run dead on til I bury it at 55. I also have new faria gauges the dress white edition. I dont think it is Faria specific though.

Today was kind of the beginning of the end though. Considering all the stern seating is mocked up done and ready for install then rear trim, and minor look good details

jbcurt00

Staff member
Since you made some changes, i was wondering @mockup @stern.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Nah Stern mock up still the same. I just finished all the wiring and electrical back there so I could close it up. It is MUCH easier to work back there without all the benches and storage stuff in the way. I learned that one the hard way from Flipper.

SigSaurP229

Commander
6 whole days without posting. Actually I spend an entire day on the boat today, it was FANTASTIC. I forgot how much I prefer boat work over car work (though car work has been helping to pay the bills). I did accomplish a little bit as well took care of a loose fuel sending unit ground wire, cleaned her up a little bit. Ohh yeah and FINALLY started closing up the stern.

I loosened the carpet on the sides to install hinges underneath.

The base for the 3 piece bench is now permanently installed, and hinged. I think it would take many smacks with sledge hammer to break it loose as well. It is all 3/4 epoxied ply Doubled on the base screwed into the decking, and backed by 1 inch aluminum it was designed to withstand the force of people climbing up and over it to the swim ladder. I kicked it jumped up and down on it yanked it back and forth and no movement.

The rear seat back supports are not installed yet but are laying in place for referance

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I really hate that ski locker door it looks like crap

Whats it made of under the vinyl you added?

An epoxied ply panel and a Silver Lining vinyl logo down the middle might look nice...

What size opening is that? I might know a guy w a teak slat locker cover not in use...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A teak slat door would look better and blend in better.

Nice benching, Sig.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Completed? You mean there comes a time when we stop working, adding and buying new stuff for our boats? :eek:

dozerII

Admiral
She looks good on the lake Sig, like we say "how finished is a boat ever"