Time to get started on the starcraft resto.

SigSaurP229

Commander
I kind of had that thought but it idles really well and is not spitting back any fuel. It is almost like the engine is somehow governed.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i'm limited on my knowledge of most things sin life, outboard up towards the top. Stator?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Air, fuel, spark = bang. If it doesn't increase in rpms when the throttle is advanced then there's got to be a lock of fuel. That motor have a primer solenoid for the choke rather than choke plates? So does it stumble and die when the throttle is advanced? If it is some sort of governing and will idle only are you using the controls to run the motor or just the linkage on the motor? I would try using the control and pop it into gear and see if she revs up then. Just be sure the area is clear around that prop!

SigSaurP229

Commander
I have been using the linkages to control it. It doesn't stumble or die at all it just will not rev at all.

Anyways HAPPY 31st Birthday to me this came in the mail today.

The Silver Lining is LEGAL.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Aqua made a good point. Some motors have an interlock that holds down RPMs in neutral. I have no idea if Yammies are like that.

Happy Birthday, you OF. :D

SigSaurP229

Commander
Ok this morning I removed the white with light blue stripe from the control box to the power pack and she revs as high as I want to rev her so I am 100% sure I have an electrical gremlin to chase down now. I have ripped the carbs of cleaned them out have hot spark on all 6 and good compression on all 6.

So now I believe I have a sensor problem somewhere. Anyone have any ideas where to check next?

Watermann

Trace the wire out to the motor and check around for a wiring diagram to find out what it does is about all I can think of.

SigSaurP229

Commander
I mean all i need to do is bolt the seats to the floor build the gauge cluster redo the front bow support in oak redo the ski locker door. Yamaha has a fresh impeller, clean carbs, and is running and idling and reving perfectly in the driveway. I would need to mount a couple of seats, and rig up some temp gauges. But i really need to make sure I am committed to the yammy. Trailer is done structually the boat is done. She does have numbers and all safety gear. Anyone have any better ideas for testing her ;)

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander
Holy CAAARRRPPPPP She is FAAAASSSSSTTTT more work on her this week. She is porpoising bad though I need to move some weight up front and work on the trim but holy carp planing out it stands up to about a 60 degree angle. I am seriously happy with the yammy.

GA_Boater

Do you still have the wire disconnected, Sig? No pics? :grumpy:

Watermann

Hey what? Shake down and no advanced warning or pics of the adventure?

jbcurt00

Staff member
No notice AND no pix?
images

chanticleer-torrie-smiley.jpg

IMG-referee-flag.jpg

DSC_4970.JPG

Soccer---Red-Card.png

Sorry Sig, HAD to be done...

Congrats all the same though. As GA asked: What'd ya come up w/ for the wire?

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander
I tried to warn every one however the forum cut my post off and I kind of gave up. I didnt take pics as it was a shakedown cruise kind of letting me know where i need to focus, i plan to do a ton of work on it this week and next saturday to get a ton of pics

jbcurt00

Staff member
Oh Sure the ole forum software glitches ate my homework gag... Ok, if that's your story, better stick w it.... Glad you got it shook down, but what gives about the wire?.... Don't make me drive back down there and take the Admirals boat back :)

GA_Boater

With the porpoising, it sounds like you and WM should have a heart to heart talk about tabs if moving stuff around doesn't help.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Nah the rev limiter is messed up because of the oil injection system I did a proper disconnect and she runs good on a 50:1 mix. She rode a whole lot smoother with my wife sitting in the bow. The plan is to move the house battery and spare fuel tank up front. That should help a bit plus i need to get all the gaiges hooked up and installed getting the trim nailed in well help a bunch too. All in all this was a shake down test Pics will be around soon

Watermann

She rode a whole lot smoother with my wife sitting in the bow.

Oh man you're living life dangerously Sig, you know a woman can take that comment the wrong way in a hurry!

Yeah with those smart tabs on the Chief, I can almost blow the prop out of the water before she starts porpoising.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Well the silver lining is getting another new trailer. I didnt like thw way the little on pulled at all. Soo I found a big rotten donor boat. With a nice large tandem axle trailer. It is a big I/O had a mercruiser 288 I am assuming freeze damge because the oil level is to high. We all know the drill bit for $500 I figure I can recoup most of the cost with tje mercruiser outdrive and selling the old smaller trailer.