Time to get started on the starcraft resto.

SigSaurP229

Commander
That $500 SeaRay will likely be around for a nice long while, unless he hauls it to the dump.

I might throw him a $200 offer.......... Ya never know. And do it from the Admiral's phone. That way if he flips out, you can call again 2wks from a different # and make a $275 offer

Hahaha That's Funny, I have actually done that before, as a matter of fact that is exactly how I bought the Silver Lining.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That $500 SeaRay will likely be around for a nice long while, unless he hauls it to the dump.

I might throw him a $200 offer.......... Ya never know. And do it from the Admiral's phone. That way if he flips out, you can call again 2wks from a different # and make a $275 offer

Nope - 2 weeks later $175, on second thought, $150. :smile:

SigSaurP229

Commander
Hey guys i know its been a while but ive been getting the little civic ready to run. Remember the more gas money i save during the week the more i can feed the beast on the weekends. But i have to say this looks wicked.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah I love HP :thumb:

So she gonna be ready for a splash this Saturday?

Watermann

Nope not even close, been working on the car, and the Yammy is a SERIOUS PITA to rig.

Bummer, I was hoping for a dual dunk this weekend.

Hey here's a little tip I've learned over the years, that big cable hooked to the Yammy goes inside the boat! :lol: :D :lol:

SigSaurP229

Commander
There are 6 different wiring harnesses for the yammy oil tank, gauges, 10 pin harness, power trim, some extension harness, and a wiring nightmare under the cowl

Watermann

Sounds terrifying, guess I had it pretty easy with the Mercruiser I just did. It has one main plug on the motor, a trim harness and a gauge cluster harness with one plug. Took about 20 min to get it all sorted out.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Figured out to the wiring issue today. Motor is now cranking by the ignition key. May try to test dip her this weekend. Fixed the Honda then blew it up again. I know better fixed the head gasket, ran a compression check neglected to ground the plug wires and blew the distributor.

Going to try and test run the boat sometime probably tomorrow.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You need some good old Murican horsepower, Sig. Well, they go bad too. :eek: Hope you get wet! :D

SigSaurP229

Commander
Well the yammy runs and idles but wont rev on the muffs. I need to test run it again on the muffs. Probably a clogged high speed jet, I did notice that the primer bulb stays rock hard. Not nad for a $200 150 hp motor

SigSaurP229

Commander
Well guys I am freaking stumped this motor will not accelerate above idle. Have hot spark on all 6 have good even compression on all 6 tore carbs apart blew all passages out. Primer bulb pumps hard and staus hard. Manually opening the butterflies on the carbs does nothing neither does opening the butterflies and squirting gas in the catb throats