1959 Starcraft 16' Super Constellation - Winner 2016 Starmada SOTY Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh yeah the plaques are all settled in their new home, super nice work! What a great way to represent the Starmada with such a fine craft :thumb:

ssdale

Starmada Splash of the Year 2016
Well I am doing my part in central USA to promote the forum. The local car club published this on their website, facebook, and newsletter (of course they had the misfortune of showing my face, I had mercy and edited it for this). Makes me uncomfortable to be tooting my own horn like this, but it is kinda fun to see others really show an interest in our hobby. It got a bunch of people pulling up pics of old boats on their phones and re-living some good memories. Hoping this motivates someone to finish their project for next years SOTY! Thanks again to ALL.
​Dale

River City Cruisers, Hermann, Missouri:

One of our members, Dale Gloe was recently honored for his efforts in restoring a 1959 Star Craft Super Constellation boat. Dale acquired the boat in 2011 and in December of 2016 received the Splash of the Year (SOTY) award from forum members of the iboat Starcraft Boats Forum
http://

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh yeah the recognition you're getting is well earned!

and... I'm proud that you yanked that plaque back over the 49th. :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, congrats again.

Now, about that new trailer..... :becky: You NEED a vintage ride for that trailer queen.....

ssdale

Yep, congrats again.

Now, about that new trailer..... :becky: You NEED a vintage ride for that trailer queen.....

​I hear you JB. Did I mention the trailer was free?:lol: I have been on the lookout for a correct vintage trailer for several years with no luck. The only one I did find was basically a pile of twisted metal with two vintage TeeNee fenders. The guy wanted $1200 for it:eek:.

I think I could find a later model trailer the right look for my 1965 14' Mckenzie/Cherokee and put the StarCraft back on the original trailer I brought it home with. It would take a respray of course. From the vintage ads, I'm almost certain they were sold together new. (That trailer has literally been parading the Cherokee for the last few years). I hear you. Thanks for all your help with the projects and the forum.
Dale

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
Dale, I have been far too long absent from the forums and just found this thread. I too have a project (no chance of this type of restore) for which you have given me inspiration. Thanks very much for the details and photos over the course of your beautiful work! I will keep you in mind if/when my enthusiasm is waning. That boat is lovely!

ssdale

Sincere Thanks! This forum is nothing but inspiring and the amount of learning that one can do is only limited by your time and effort. It is an enthusiasm SHOT from the "boat doctors"! You are a long time member and I bet your project will turn out much better than you think and inspire others.

ssdale

Thanks North Beach! The color is from early 60's Ford pickups called Carribean Turquoise! I loved it on the trucks and when I stripped of the Blue that a PO had used on the boat, it was originally nearly identical. Also is shown in that color in the brochures here in the forum StarCraft reference section.

Your Liquid Limo has a bit more of it! Great job!
Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.