My first boat - 1982 Starcraft SS160 rebuild

smacd11

Seaman
I promised some pics with some colour, unfortunately white is technically not a colour so you guys will have to wait another day😃. I am definitely not a painter but it will look good on the water. Not planning on going into any shows with this one anyway.

smacd11

Seaman
As promised - here are some pics. Enjoy...

Can't wait to tear the paper off tomorrow - going to be like Christmas!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Looks good. Theres something about that 2 tone suspended top pic that looks really cool to me.

smacd11

Seaman
Masking tape/paper removed.

Finally back at rest on the trailer with a bit of help from my crew.

I really need to get the new wheels on there - those things are fugly!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Looks good! Yep - Those wheels gotta go. :smile:

Can your helpers carry their own weight? LOL

Tnstratofam

Commander
Looks real good. Yep the wheels make it look kinda shabby. Kind of like wearing a nice new suit with an old pair of sneakers.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Sharp paint job there smacd! ...super-cute kids!

It's too bad that you didn't have the boat on the trailer during spraying....at least the wheels would've gotten hit with some overspray :lol: :p In due time, I'm sure you'll have something that does that sweet paint job justice! :thumb:

smacd11

Seaman
Thanks for the comments guys.

When I winched the boat up the trailer the new bow stop from Princess Auto ripped. I might see if the larger ones will fit as they seem to have a wider spread. Hopefully I will have the new wheels swapped over tomorrow.

I am going to start putting the parts back on as much as possible before tackling the floor. I figured I have enough apart to remember where the pieces go already. I'm trying to decide on new seats or rebuild/upholster the originals. That will be one of my winter projects.

smacd11

Seaman
Picked up some curly maple for the consoles and other wood bits today. At this rate this boat might be done by the time I retire in 15 or so years! I think I may need to thin out the projects.