1987 Starcraft Cuddy 22 Foot

Retired Ron

Recruit
I am looking for anyone who has knowledge or experience with the Starcraft cuddy made in 1987. Powered by a Merc Cruiser 230 V8.
I would appreciate any info you have in regards to this vessel.

Thanks,
Retired Ron

barato2

Commander
Re: 1987 Starcraft Cuddy 22 Foot

Ron-- we're happy to try to help but need a little more info. size? model? tin or glass? what specific Qs do you have?

Retired Ron

Recruit

Ron-- we're happy to try to help but need a little more info. size? model? tin or glass? what specific Qs do you have?

1987 STARCRAFT Cuddy Cabin Mercruiser 305 V-8 Fiberglass 22 Beam 8.6

I understand that this is a solid boat but since it is 25 years old, I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this boat and their opinion of her.

Thanks,
Retired Ron

barato2

Commander

most of the folks on here have older boats and made of tin but that sounds like a nice one>....that 8.5' beam must be nice for drift fishing altho i wouldn't want to tow it on Mexican 2 lane road. do you own the boat now or are you looking at buying it? SC's tin hulls are very seaworthy even if they will beat you up in a chop due to light weight....i would imagine a SC glasser would ride pretty well given the addtl weight.

Retired Ron

Recruit

most of the folks on here have older boats and made of tin but that sounds like a nice one>....that 8.5' beam must be nice for drift fishing altho i wouldn't want to tow it on Mexican 2 lane road. do you own the boat now or are you looking at buying it? SC's tin hulls are very seaworthy even if they will beat you up in a chop due to light weight....i would imagine a SC glasser would ride pretty well given the addtl weight.

barato2,
I am looking at the possibility of buying it but really dont know a whole lot about the fiberglass SC boats. The reason for my questions.

RR

barato2

Commander

good boats, better constructed than many glassers. however, subject to the usual glasser issues: rot inside the glass, esp in floors, transom, and worst of all stringers. if you don;'t know how to check this, have someone who does look it over afore you plunk down $. all fixable, but a horrible nasty job....lots of fiberglass dust and stray fibers. and on an OB boat, transom integrity is esp critical since you have that 3-400 lbs of motor hanging off it.

Retired Ron

Recruit

good boats, better constructed than many glassers. however, subject to the usual glasser issues: rot inside the glass, esp in floors, transom, and worst of all stringers. if you don;'t know how to check this, have someone who does look it over afore you plunk down $. all fixable, but a horrible nasty job....lots of fiberglass dust and stray fibers. and on an OB boat, transom integrity is esp critical since you have that 3-400 lbs of motor hanging off it.

Thanks for that information

RR