1963 Starcraft Jet Star

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys, I know I said I was done looking for starcrafts and such and I actually was done looking. But one just fell into my lap. I was outside in the garage and one of my neighbors pulled up and he said do you want a boat and I said well I've already got one do he continues to tell me that it's an aluminum runabout. I'm thinkin okay this is a little more interesting so I ask him what kind and he says a Starcraft. So then I couldn't help myself so I walked over to his house and there in his garage is a 1963 Jet. This is what I've been lookin for I told him. He said I can have it for $400 I don't even have to pay him right away he just needed it out because he was going to get a new boat that day and he needed garage space. He told me the motor is junk but I'm not sure of that because it fired up. He said it just won't go full speed so I'll have to look into that some more. I noticed the water pump might not be working so that could be it. So I got the title and everything and the trailer lights and everything work the boat is in solid shape so I won't be doing any work to it just try to figure out the motor. The motor is a 1969 Mercury 50 hp. So that's how it fell into my lap I'll post pics shortly.

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1963 Starcraft Jet

Here's some pics:
45ab94fb.jpg

5641e81d.jpg

55e5b4ca.jpg

348e0204.jpg

Overall a solid boat with normal scratches for a 49 year old boat. The floor and transom are both solid

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And if anyone knows if this is a different model please let me know so I can change the title. And does anyone know how to change the title to a thread?

BonairII

Commander

And does anyone know how to change the title to a thread?

Go to your first post in your thread...click "edit post".....then click "edit post" again. It should show allow you to change the title.

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks BII. Nice work on your SS. Must be record
Time on it as well

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Thats a Jet. Nice Score.

barato2

Commander
Re: 1963 Starcraft Jet Star

harumph! i smell an elaborately concocted story for the spousal unit to cover up the MBS. yeah, sure a little elfen guy showed up with magic beans and a tin boat.........;)

(GOOD SCORE!)

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

harumph! i smell an elaborately concocted story for the spousal unit to cover up the MBS. yeah, sure a little elfen guy showed up with magic beans and a tin boat.........;)

(GOOD SCORE!)

Haha good stuff right there. She's fine with it as long as she can catch a tan on it

bananaboater

Ensign

Nice score is right. Looks very familiar. Fewer holes in it than mine. Lots to work with.

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Wow!, looks good to go as is! Runner!

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks NB means a lot coming from the man behind one of the most legendary rebuilds on iboats

Rainbow hunter

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well I only paid $200 for my Falcon, which theoretically runs, but it's a long way from that there Jet. Wow, what a find . How much luck can guy have, anyway? Maybe he won't be able to catch any fish out of it:p. It's gorgeous man and I 'm only a bit jealous.

RH
Poor owner two Starcraft & a Gregor.

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sounds like you got a good deal too RH. I'm just hoping to figure out my motor because it does start.

FishNmemories

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good for you, the Jet looks great. And you still have your other boat too?

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks FNM. Yeah I feel pretty lucky finding this one like that. Yeah I've still got it for now. Probably won't for much longer though

FishNmemories

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, presently you suffer from MBS...Multiple Boat Syndrome:D