opinions on bow rail and modified windshield on 190 sfm

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class
my new to me starcraft, that I won't be able to pick up for a week, doesn't have a bow rail. Thats the first thing my wife has requested. She pretty much demanded it. I guess she needs it for her and the kids to hold on. I like the lines of the boat as she sits, but I messed a little with paint to see what she would look like. Looking for opinions on the look. I also messed with the windshield, the main thing I don't like about the boat. Random opinions would be great, good and bad.

As she sits now

Starcraft190SFM.jpg

With just a modified side wings of the windshield

Starcraft190SFMwindow.jpg

modified windshield and bow rail

Starcraft190SFMwindowbow.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: opinions on bow rail and modified windshield on 190 sfm

Plotting and scheming already, love it;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Congrats on the purchase. I just hunted down your thread about this boat to get the skinny on it. Nice find for a fair price. Some low profile bow rails would look great on it. As for lengthening the windshield wings, while it may be more aesthetically pleasing, they just get in the way. I can see your point but I think it looks pretty good as-is. The ones that look weird to me are the ones with a windshield just like that one but mounted on raised consoles. As you said in your other thread, that hull does look considerably more substantial than my 18'.

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Always plotting and scheming. Thats one of the perks to owning a boat. Especialy a project.

I glad I posted here for opinions on price, aswell as spending some time on the phone with the owner before seeing the boat. I would have done something stupid if i would have just gone and seen the boat. I would have easily paid twice that for the hull if I would have seen it first. Not saying that its worth double, but its spring and I have the fever. I'm going crazy just having to wait until next week to pick it up.

I agree with you ez, the "wings" would get in the way, but imo it looks so much better with them. The bow rail is sounding like a must, like it or not. I could take it or leave it, as I like the lines of the boat w/o the rail. We will have kids on the boat, and the wife wan't a place for little hands to hang on when in the bow. I guess tape or staples wont work.

I won't be doing any of this right off the bat. My main concern will be the engine swap and getting this thing on the water, then gauges, reprop, and ofcourse the troubleshooting of the swap. We all know there will be. I will have plenty of time to plan and scheme while this work goes on. then who knows.

barato2

Commander

you can't just glue velcro to the life vests and stick the little beggars in place?

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Now velcro may just be the way to go.