I'm back, 78' SS resto

Dirt_Farmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: I'm back, 78' SS resto

Hopefully some paint, carpet, seats, and a steal of a deal on a newer outboard for this year.

dozerII

Admiral

Looking real good DF, do tell about the outboard.

Dirt_Farmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

do tell about the outboard.

Will do when I figure out what I am doing, a lot will depend on if I get the 1977 evinrude 115 i have running or find a deal on a newer outboard and how much room they need to tilt. What I have in my head right now is using the 12" setback bracket and fabricating just enough splashwell so the OB can tilt.

-Jeff

Dirt_Farmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What do you guys think of a 90's model Yamaha 85? My SS will mostly be a skiing and tubing boat, so I need some get up and go but not a lot of speed. Will I be happy with an 85hp?

Thanks, Jeff

dozerII

Admiral

What do you guys think of a 90's model Yamaha 85? My SS will mostly be a skiing and tubing boat, so I need some get up and go but not a lot of speed. Will I be happy with an 85hp?

Thanks, Jeff

If that's a three cyl Yammy, you will be golden. The Naked Lady has an 87 Yammy 85 and it is the perfect O/B for the boat, light but strong.

Dirt_Farmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think it's time to officially throw in the towel. Dad bought a new boat last year and only uses it when I help get it out.
I haven't done anything with the boat in three years, except move it since it's always seems to be in the way.

Thank you all for your help getting it this far

-Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Dang, oh well find her a good home, hopefully with another Starmada member.