Starcraft 66 Sea Dart

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi my name in knezzer and I have a problem. I think I'm turning into a starcraft junkie.
I needed a fishing boat and I found a Starcraft that needed some TLC. The price as right, basically free, (I just had to pay for the outboard, 2008 suzuki 25hp). So I can justify spending some time and money fixing this vessel up. I found this forum very inspiring and have been lurking and reading posts for a few weeks now and finally this weekend I made the first steps. The po had no idea what year or model this boat was, only had a partial nameplate. Also the boat had been stripped down to bare bones. I could find no good examples of this model being redone or modded so I thought I'd share some of my pics for you guy to see. My plan is to strip the old paint, put some new paint on and add a casting deck to the bow. Then shine it up a bit and put this beauty boat to some good use !

these pics are from the day I brought her home, shes a dirty girl.
Thoughts ? Ideas are welcome. cheers

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Starcraft 66 Sea Dart

Picked up some paint stripper from walmart for 10bucks and got a good start on her. The paint just fell right off ! I was using a plastic card to flick the paint off. Took an hour to get both sides done. The weather is not cooperating.

Last edited:

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I need good weather to come quick.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Welcome knezzer! Cool project you have there:)

barato2

Commander

bienvenidos Knezzer. i like how you already have the hay bales stacked and ready for when you flip her to paint.......... ;)

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice looking boat knezzer and I'm especially fond of the red tow rig!

Best of luck w/ your project....

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I put 8 inches of water into the boat yesterday and the only leak was from the plug. sweet. My buddy is coming over this week and were going to remove the motor and flip her over. Then I can finish removing paint and prep the bottom this weekend. I really like the polished look that I've seen some people do on here, but not for the whole boat. Fishing season opens here in Saskatchewan on the 5th of May so I'm really going to push this project ahead.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got some stuff done to the project, nothing complete yet. I did a prototype of how I wanted the floor to be using some scrap plywood. Also used some parts from an old camper. picked up paint and borrowed a spray gun from a pal. Going to start prep maybe soon if I don't get to busy around the property. Spring is here.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I splashed the boat ! Just wanted to see what it was like in the water before I did too much to her.

Also I tested out my homemade trolling motor controls that I made. Worked like a charm ! The foot pedal was pooched so I studied the circuit board and put some switches, on and off, and left and right, and a dial to adjust speed.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Welcome aboard, nice project there. I love the home made trolling motor controls, some real ingenuity.:)

That should be a great utility boat when you're finished. Are you gonna keep the anchor well in the bow? I like that idea.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome aboard, nice project there. I love the home made trolling motor controls, some real ingenuity.:)

That should be a great utility boat when you're finished. Are you gonna keep the anchor well in the bow? I like that idea.

Thanks I'm pretty pleased with myself. I think keeping the anchor well is in my plans. It's already there and works fine.

barato2

Commander

love the bottom feeder ingenuity on the anchor well, motor controls and paddle stowage!

i hope you and the other folks out there who come up with such ideas realize you're the spiritual successor to the American inventor/tinkerer, a species that's mostly extinct on the North American continent

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks ! I have a busy brain sometimes and am always looking to modify or tinker with something.

Project has taken a back seat last few weeks due to dealing with my new property. We just moved in over the winter and there are a lot more chores than I expected. Building fences, gardening, cutting grass and a thousand other things have taken priority in Mrs knezzers eyes.
But I have managed to take the boat out a couple of times to spend some quality time. And I think that's important.

love the bottom feeder ingenuity on the anchor well, motor controls and paddle stowage!

i hope you and the other folks out there who come up with such ideas realize you're the spiritual successor to the American inventor/tinkerer, a species that's mostly extinct on the North American continent

dozerII

Admiral

Hey Kneezer, welcome to the madness, I'm south of you in the Shaunavon area, and completley hooked on Starcrafts. Nice little rig you have there, and some good garage engeneering going on. There are a lot of people realy like Starcrafts up here so they bring a premium which makes it hard to find a good deal even on a fixer upper.
Glen

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have had lots of "stare time" with the ole SC and have had it out on the lake a handful of times already. The time has come to make some progress on my project. I have been purchasing material and floating ideas, but have been to busy to get started. Boat is currently stripped and waiting to be prepped for paint. Trailer is also getting a makeover.
Here I am hurrying to the last fishing spot before dark

I took my pal and his son for their first fishing trip. Awesome time !

Remove the motor

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Great stuff right there tractors, fishin at sunset:D

64osby

Admiral

Nice fish, looks like it could be a Sponge Bob rod.

Good luck on the prep and paint.