79' Starcraft Islander Restoration

SeaSwallows

Recruit
Hello Everyone,

Wish I had of found this forum a couple years ago. Great info!

Thought I'd share some pics of my restoration of my 79' Starcraft Islander V5 that is slowly coming together.

Before
011.jpg
010.jpg
After, @ the famous Pottahawk **** up
boat pottahawk.jpg
IMG00192-20110514-1914.jpg

Currently Tearing the interior apart, Will update as that comes along.

Cheers.

InMotion

Commander
Re: 79' Starcraft Islander Restoration

Lookin' really shaft SS!!! Keep us posted with pics as the interior comes together.

PKomrowski

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 79' Starcraft Islander Restoration

That looks great, I think I may steal your paint design for my 26 footer, I really like the way that looks, I will do mine in navy blue though...

sleddogs13

Cadet
Beautifull job! When u did the transom did you epoxy between the inside of the two transom sheets before joining them together. Also with the floor and the foam did us make drainage areas in the foam somehow. I will never know if my 89 islander is leaking in the middle under the foam if the water is trapped. Thanks for the help!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Beautifull job! When u did the transom did you epoxy between the inside of the two transom sheets before joining them together. Also with the floor and the foam did us make drainage areas in the foam somehow. I will never know if my 89 islander is leaking in the middle under the foam if the water is trapped. Thanks for the help!

He hasn't posted since 2012. That's why we ask that inactive threads be left sleeping.