Used stuff for my 1971 SC Holiday w/100 hp Johnson

exbert2u

Recruit
Anyone have any ideas about finding used parts for a Holiday? I want to know more about the camper canvas frame, bow canvas, and any other options that were available in "71. I am restoring this to original. I'll post some pics soon.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Used stuff for my 1971 SC Holiday w/100 hp Johnson

Canvas is a tough one. You may need to bite the bullet for your local guy to build ya one.

barato2

Commander

or go to Defender marine supply and get some sunbrella and hardware. any original canvas you find will be so shrunk by now that it will be good only for a template if that.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Welcome to iboats ex! Besides watching ebay, I wonder if you could build the frame from newer materials? If you had a picture or idea as to the original design it probably would not be too hard.

exbert2u

Recruit

Hi all, Greetings from Madeline Island. Thanks for the replies. Just an Update. My boat is in fact NOT a Holiday Model. It is a TR170 also known as a
tri-hull. It has only 250 hrs total and was sitting inside a barn for the last 28 years! The 100hp johnson has been gone over and she purrs like a kittten, (albeit a very large one). I am trying to find any original documents such as catalogs, brochures, parts books shop manuals etc... This boat is like brandy new, and the paint is buffing out nicely. Dropped my camera in the lake 2 weeks ago so no pics just yet. I live on an Island in Lake Superior so I have to wait to get to the mainland to buy a new one. Thanks again and please keep your ears and eyes open for me.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I live on an Island in Lake Superior

Really? Which one??

I came very close to buying a place on Grand Island actually. Though, the gubment had other ideas about the land.:(

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Holy moly! I am way jealous!

Apostle Islands, my favorite water wilderness area! I've paddled sea kayak a bit out there, spectacular!:D

Great for you man, excellent!:)

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Is your boat the Deluxe or Sport? My '71 listed both, and picture the Deluxe with canvas... check out post 103 (page 5) on the stickied brochure thread at the top of the forum to the link for it... if you want a photo copy just send me a PM.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Hey there Bert.

I put my feet in the water up there, a couple times a year, I call it liquid ice.

Have you been to Jurustic Park, near Marshfield Wi ?

naval_dragon-big.jpg

http://www.jurustic.com/marshcreatures/modest_size_creatures/index.php

http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/the-rusty-creatures-of-jurustic-park.html