Holiday to Open bow conversion.... aka: the unthinkable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazisgud

Recruit
Re: Holiday to Open bow conversion.... aka: the unthinkable

Anyone know if this project was finished? Im curious if the conversion affected the hull strength as I have the same boat and am considering doing the same thing.

Thanks

bradmcq

Cadet
Re: Holiday to Open bow conversion.... aka: the unthinkable

Anyone know if this project was finished? Im curious if the conversion affected the hull strength as I have the same boat and am considering doing the same thing.

Thanks

Depends on the boat, and how much you are cutting away. On a small aluminum boat like this one, you can get away with quite a bit. I have done a few larger glass boat conversions that were a bit more complicated.

I tried to leave as much of the original structure as possible (other than the top deck I was cutting out).

Mod EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Brad, old topic, please reference the Tips at the top of any forum page and/or the Forum help link in my signature line below. After 90 days of inactivity, please don't post in inactive topics.

If you want to start a topic and document your efforts on your boats, please start one or as many as you'd like to document. Thank you

Please send me a private message (top right corner of any forum page, next to your user name) if you'd like to discuss why I removed your youtube link

topic closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.