Starcraft 21' Mariner That's no longer for sale

Nismoron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Recently, while looking for a Mariner, I found this one for sale WAY up in NH. It was only a 22 hour drive from here so it was in range... haha
Anyway, I emailed the guy and he relied that he had just sold it. Then I asked w here he got the dodger and never received a response. 5 mins after the first email, the add was gone. Luckily, I saved the pics to show my wife what I ultimately wanted to end up with... By the way, he wanted $10,500 for it and it sold!

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
That is really cool. Helps give some ideas on putting something together maybe.

Was that mounted on a T top?

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer
Oh well I guess if I need all that for my Mariner I might as well start searching again for the big ole' Chieftain. @least 25'er :laugh:

64osby

Admiral
Oh well I guess if I need all that for my Mariner I might as well start searching again for the big ole' Chieftain. @least 25'er :laugh:

Being up north a full cover would enable a longer boating season. Even help on the August mornings that are below 50. :)

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer
I agree with that. But down here in the south it really isn't needed probably.

64osby

Admiral
Visited one of the local scrap yards today picking parts for an old mower and snow blower. Looked over in the outboard section and grabbed a lower off a 70's Rude 18hp. Pulley for the mower, carb for the blower and the LU cost $15.00.:)

While checking out I asked about one other thing that was out in the yard. They told me I could have it for $10.00. After grabbing a few different tools I am the proud owner of this.

IMAG04211.jpg

Tested it on the counter, it ran, no leaks. :faint2: Got it home and ran it full cycle several times. Works like a charm. :cool:

Also came with the tilt sending unit for the gauge.:D

Can't wait to change out my power tilt unit for a tilt and trim. Crazy that the new stainless bolts will cost more than the whole unit.

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
Some times a blind squirrel ...........

Chem - Don't think the motor has to be pulled, but the brackets or at least one might have to be loosened. Once I figure it out I'll let you know.

EDIT - To get the PTT removed from the brackets, had to loosen the brackets from the tilt tube, but not remove. I would think on the boat one bracket will need to be unbolted and slide it out about a half inch to get the PTT in place.

I was going to remove the PTT from the brackets at the yard but one of the bolt heads broke off. So I pulled the tilt tube and took the whole assembly.

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
It has been a rough summer by boating standards and much else for the Osby family.

I did something about that yesterday.

Hooked up the boat and took my son (15) for a drive. We ended up at Lake Michigan. Launched the boat and handed over the captain duties to my son.

He did a great job taking us out the Black River to the lake.
IMAG12131.jpg
IMAG12141.jpg
IMAG12151.jpg
IMAG12171.jpg

We turned south and headed down the shore line. The wave report called for 1 to 2 footers.

Click on pic below for video

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Looks like a great day for a cruise

Glad you enjoyed it, well deserved and earned in spades

64osby

Admiral
I would say we had all the 2'ers and many 3's and a few 4's. All the while with my son as captain.

We made it about 6 miles down the coast going no more than 10 mph.

IMAG12191.jpg

Palisades Nuke Plant

IMAG12201.jpg

Somewhere right around here is a rock pile where the Perch are supposed to hang out.

We turned about and riding with the waves were able to make 12 mph at times.

Ended up back in the river and tucked in between the marinas. My son never gave up the wheel.

IMAG12211.jpg

Burgers for dinner watching the boats idle by. The Sheriff gave us the thumbs up too.

Asked my son if he wanted to go out again. He said yeah, but let me guide us out.

I've never had my boat out on the big lake before and have never taken the wheel on the the few boats I have been out on.

We headed north for a few miles and slipped back in at sunset.

Pretty sure this is a day we will both remember for the rest of our lives.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A great day and training for the future Captain. :thumb:

Exactly where is that secret fishing spot?

dozerII

Admiral
Awesome 64, family memories are priceless. A well deserved day of R&R with your son.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That's awesome! Thanks for the ride along, :thumb: it was nice to see some good times on the water since we're not getting out this weekend due to all the fires around me.

Looked like a nice dry ride even with those pounders bouncing you guys. :happy:

64osby

Admiral
Thanks guys. I know my son truly enjoyed it. So did I, just have to find time to do it more often.

GA - The Perch are right by the rock pile. Still don't know where it is, but getting closer. There was a Crestliner rigged for fishing that tracked us down to the power plant. There are some buoys lined up in a row heading away from shore. They turned right and followed the buoys out a bit. Thinking the pile is at the end of the buoys. :confused:

The only unfortunate part of the trip was pulling the boat out of storage. Ended up hooking a line and.....

IMAG12121.jpg

Oh Carp! :eek: No boat damage. :D

It is actually okay. I needed to move the boat and shed. There are 4 dead trees within 25' of it. I'll finish "disassembling" the shed and cut the trees down. Much better then having one crush the boat ;)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I bet there is a discharge from the nuke plant aimed at that rock pile. Are the perch larger than the average? :rolleyes:

Is the shed just collapsed? See ya got out of practice and look what happens. You need to get out more. :D

64osby

Admiral
why yes they are larger and they have 3 eyes. :lol:

The shed will need a rebuild of sorts. The welds on all the corners have been ripped off.