Starcraft 21' Mariner That's no longer for sale

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Oh the needless waste of time! :doh:

Sorry for disrupting your thread, 64. It was Watermann's fault. :rolleyes:

64osby

Admiral
no problembo GA.

The "free" PB looks to be a thing of the past. Might have to try and figure out my password for ytube so a vid can be posted.

A week on the water was just what was needed. Better then any meds the Doc could prescribe. :D

I think it speaks well for a 43 year old original factory tinner to perform like this Mariner does.:rockon: (Knock on wood). ;)

64osby

Admiral
My son and I were talking the other day about the last time the boat was in the water. Sad to say it was the last post on this thread about 2 years ago.

The Mariner has been a trailer queen, and yes she looked like it. Spent a couple days greasing bearings, power washing, draining old gas, lower unit fluids, battery charging and change out. Killing the ants (got the queen:D).

Watching the Styrofoam beads wash out is always interesting.:eek:

Magically the old 90 fired up on the the turn of the key. Had a warning buzzer for the VRO. Inspection showed an air bubble in the oil feed line. A couple pumps on the prime bulb seems to have solved that issue.

Going North to our usual cabin to enjoy some peace on the lake.

She is starting to show her age. Wish us luck.:cool:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
2 years already! It does fly by.

Enjoy your time at the lake and on the lake, 64.

64osby

Admiral
Overdue update.

We had a great week on the lake. The boat performed near perfect. :D

The only issues were a prong on the 4 pin broke off, had a spare and fixed it. Secondly the clamp on the gas line to the fuel pump on the kicker cracked. It had a slow leak. Easy fix.

My daughter enjoyed piloting the craft. My son enjoyed piloting, tubing, knee boarding and skiing (the first time he was able to get up).

At the end of the week when pulling it out of the water we had about a quart of water drain out. Not bad for this 45 year old gal.

The cover (WallyWorld) that we bought 2 years ago worked great for travelling. After we made it home we had a storm that dropped about 3" of rain. I had forgot to place the noodle on the top of the console and now we have a nice tear at the console. Should be an easy repair.

Need to put more effort into making lake time. It is so enjoyable to be on the water. :)

Starcraft Aluminum Boats are the best on the water. :thumb::thumb:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh man sounds like a great time, so did your camera run out of film? :lol:

64osby

Admiral
Oh man sounds like a great time, so did your camera run out of film? :lol:

The instant Polaroid pics got wet and are streaked.:lol:

Being on the water is always great.:cool:

Was very lazy with pics, only took 4 pics and one video (which was accidentally deleted). Will try and upload after getting them loaded on the laptop. This site doesn't like 2MB pics.:eek:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nothing like a late season warm day to be out on the water, the kids faces look like there's no cell service :lol: