Starcraft 21' Mariner That's no longer for sale

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Starcraft 21' Mariner That's no longer for sale

Thanks 64. That's one of the items on my "someday" list. I'll probably have better luck sowing than sewing. :facepalm: But I won't know 'til I try.

64osby

Admiral

Looks real good 64, that Singer looks identical to the one I have and love to use. I just bought an Omega walking foot machine and am trying to learn how to use it. It's kinda like going from a sports car to an old jeep.

Thanks dII - That old Singer was my Grandmothers. I love the way it sews, 4 or 5 layers - no problem. A walking foot would be nice, but everyone I see they want big bucks for it.

Shouldn't that be going from a old jeep to a sports car.:)

Thanks 64. That's one of the items on my "someday" list. I'll probably have better luck sowing than sewing. :facepalm: But I won't know 'til I try.

It's like anything, a little practice and lots of rework.:D The bow cushion cover was resewed 5 times.:faint2: Still has lots of wrinkles at the speaker cutouts, but they are hard to see and I can live with it.

And Thanks, it did clean the bow seating up very nice.

GA_Boater

I forgot to say your Singer looks just like the one my Mom used for years when I was a lad. Do you have the domed cover with a handle that made it "portable"? Like a ton of cast iron inside a real nice wooden case made it portable. :eek: All the gold leaf and nicely finished wood was a work of industrial art.

64osby

Admiral

It's like carrying a cement block. It has the top, that's why it still looks so good. Don't have a key for it, so every time I use it the lock gets picked with my swiss army knife.

This one has the knee lever, have another one with a foot pedal.

64osby

Admiral

Haven't seen as much on the water time as I'd like this summer, but that's about to change.

The boats packed up and we heading up north for a week on the water.

Ahhhhhh Vacation. :dance: :whoo:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Haven't seen as much on the water time as I'd like this summer, but that's about to change.

The boats packed up and we heading up north for a week on the water.

Ahhhhhh Vacation. :dance: :whoo:

Have a great trip 64! don't forget the camera :p

GA_Boater

Go get wet! :D Enjoy the week, 64.

64osby

Admiral

Some times the worst part of vacation is the intense work week that follows. I'm sure glad that's over.

Towed the boat a little over 200 miles. The old wagon pulled great with the addition of some Air Ride 1000 air bags. If I'd just learn to load the boat a little better. Needed about 100 lbs on the tongue, boat wanted to sway a little. My friend suggested making my son ride on the bow.

Went to the launch to get the boat wet and had no power to anything on the back battery. Back to the cabin, traded batteries and hooked the charger up. Still don't know what caused the battery to be completely drained.

The rest of the week was trouble free and we had awesome weather.
IMG_20130820_152309.jpg

Admiral and son tubing.
IMG_20130820_162140.jpg

My daughter loves cruising and the new sound system.

IMG_20130820_162153.jpg

I was up early several mornings out fishing. Ended up putting my cooler livewell setup to good use. Caught a whole bunch of fish, Gills, LM Bass, Rock Bass and finally was able to break the ice and catch my first walleye ever.

IMG_20130822_120759.jpg

That one wasn't a keeper but the next two were.

Action Vid cruising, Da Plane Da Plane, was a distraction though. Click on pic

th_VID_20130819_122406.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

CONGRATS on a Walleye PB 64!!!

It looks like it was a great vacation!

Man that big boat rides super smooth!!

was the bilge running when it wasn't supposed to?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Cool man, looks like a great vacation with some fresh fish to boot:joyous:

64osby

Admiral

Thanks guys, Family, fun and fish what more could you ask for.

Blue, every time we take the Mariner out it impresses me. Love how it slices the water. We were doing about 30mph on the vid.

My only guesses on the power issue are the Garmin left on for a week plus or the bilge was running while we towed. One of the cover supports was resting up on the console when the cover was removed. Just glad it didn't slow us down.

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like a great vacation.> Weather looked great too! Love it!

64osby

Admiral
Just to show all of you the Mariner is still floating.
http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/.../IMAG02701.jpg
IMAG02731.jpg

This is the 4 year anniversary of being a Starmada member. We celebrated by taking the boat up north to the land a Piperjoe for a week. The weather was chilly and rainy over half the week, but we managed to have some good days out on the water. I also went fishing 4 mornings, caught a bunch of bass, a couple gills and a couple walleyes. 48 degrees at sunrise in August is darn cold when you're out on the water

My son as acting Captain.
IMAG02701.jpg
My daughter managing the tunes and trying to stay warm.

IMAG02681.jpg

Here she is at the dock. I don't think I've ever posted a pic with both the bimini and the dodger up.
http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p605/62iia/Starcraft 21 Mariner 1984/IMAG02631.jpg
IMAG02631.jpg

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p605/62iia/Starcraft 21 Mariner 1984/IMAG02621.jpg
IMAG02621.jpg
Once again I'll give a Huge thanks to iboats and the Starmada for the knowledge and wisdom that allowed me to buy a fantastic Starcraft. :cool: :encouragement: :first:

Attachments

• IMAG02631.jpg
    IMAG02631.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer
Pictures not working. Wish I could see it. Then I could have an idea what mine should look like. :facepalm:

64osby

Admiral
Well that was truly a pain getting the pics to load. They would show on my laptop but not on the desk top.

Hope you can see them now.

Attachments

• IMAG02631.jpg
    IMAG02631.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG02621.jpg
    IMAG02621.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG02701.jpg
    IMAG02701.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG02731.jpg
    IMAG02731.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG02681.jpg
    IMAG02681.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1

dozerII

Admiral
Great looking SC 64, I know what you mean about cold wet weather this year.

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer
Never seen one of those little Bimini things you call a dodger. That's very cool where did you find that??

64osby

Admiral
Never seen one of those little Bimini things you call a dodger. That's very cool where did you find that??

Dodgers are very common on larger sail boats. It does a great job breaking the wind and keeping the spray off any one sitting up there. It seems to stay much warmer up there when its cold and helps with shade when the sun is really hot too. It is a great addition. I've sat under it in some hard rain and kept nice and dry.

The dodger and bimini came with the boat when I bought it. The boat was basically a one owner boat prior, (Dad then son for a couple years). The dad either bought it with a full cover or had one made, based on the amount of snaps that were on the gunwale. There are zippers on every edge that would allow panels to fit between the dodger and bimini and from the bimini to the gunwale. The only parts left were the dodger and the bimini.

At times I think it would be great to add a piece between the two and/or make a full cover but visibility would be an issue. I replaced the dodger plastic and it is difficult to see through. Pretty sure I would have to use plexy or something like a real windshield to be able to see.