Official Starcraft Rubrail Thread

TM-1(ss)

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Official Starcraft Rubrail Thread

Greetings gentlemen,

It has been a month since my last report mainly because nothing has happened since last time. Until now that is. My lovely bride, who likes the little yacht as much as I do, and for whom she is named--"Wee Bonnie Jean"-- was pleased to purchase new rub rail for the old girl. I had been talking with Wefco Rubber in Canoga Park California about their item number 0101-G which I thought was a pretty close to spot on match for the original. I ordered 50 feet of it last Tuesday, and it was sitting on the porch when I came home today.

Winter has not come to the mountains yet (if you don't count 18 degree mornings) so I thought , "Go for it!". The end cap screws were severely corroded so, seeing nothing to be gained by subtlety, I just twisted them off. The channel only required a fast and light brushing with a stainless toothbrush. Ninety minutes later it's all done, and it looks like a million bucks. I think I mentioned that my digital camera crapped out, so I don't have pictures, but I'm here to tell you that if there is a better match to original I have no idea where it is.

Fifty feet is way more than enough. I have a 6.5' length left over, and some smaller trim-off pieces. If any of you Starnuts would like a short length to try in your channel all it takes is a 5 x 7 SASE. I think 61 cents postage is probably exact, but to be safe put a buck on it. PM me your details. ATTN ADMIN! I ain't selling anything here, just offering to help the faithful.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Way to go TM!!! Thanks a bunch man.

zchornyak

Cadet

What about the aluminum channels? Anybody know where to get those? Mine are real beat up and i'd love to replace with something that will work. Doesn't need to be original either.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

What about the aluminum channels? Anybody know where to get those? Mine are real beat up and i'd love to replace with something that will work. Doesn't need to be original either.

PM yur way....

Stephenatx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Has anyone had anymore luck finding the appropriate rub rail inserts since the last post?

Stephenatx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thought I would add this. Sent an email to Wefco Rubber asking for prices and shipping. The reply was $4.00 a foot for white, $3.00 for black and that I could send a sample to match. I think if they match a sample it is a minimum of 25 feet for an order.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Here are the measurements for my aluminum channel:

wDSC_5094RUBRAIL-final.jpg

The Starcraft part #STR35700046 listed & shown above was a perfect fit.

SeaSwallows

Recruit

Anyone try the Taco rub rail? or anyone get a price from them?