bottom feeder Q on bunk carpet

barato2

Commander
what's special about trailer bunk carpet? is there any reason i couldn't use a good grade of exterior carpet if it will bend around the bunks?

FJ_Russo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: bottom feeder Q on bunk carpet

I have done a couple different trailers with exterior carpet and have not had any issues with it at all. I think you will be fine.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

"Bunk" carpet? Heck no! Outdoor carpet, off the roll at Lowe's/HD/Menards? Yup, bottom feeder style.:)

fshngho

Lieutenant

Barato...Dude...C'mon don't tell me you believe everything that is said on here? Lowes or HD or any type of OD carpet will work. Two things to think about. I use outdoor glue, and try to use staples that will not be in the way or will not rust. We have enough problems with the boats but we do have to pay attention to the bunks. Just use vinyl glue ( it is waterproof) and common sense. No matter what you do or use will last a couple years, time enough to learn better.:rolleyes: Use outdoor carpet with outdoor glue, you will be fine.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Yeah but that bunk carpet on a roll already the exact right width to wrap a 2x4 is just so darn convenient! :p

barato2

Commander

thanks all. i just realized the other night that my boat hasn't budged off current bunk carpet in 17ish years so it may be fun launching the first time....

altho after helping a friend launch his whaler last weekend and seeing how far his truck had to get wet even on a great ramp, i'm definitely welding up an extension tongue (a homemade Extend a Hitch) before i take boat to salt water.