• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

1972 starcraft chieftain

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1972 starcraft chieftain

I bet thats what they did... sweet looking boat..
    1979 Starcraft Holiday 16 closed bow
    Johnson 70 HP

Can't wait for splashdown!!

Comment

Ill go out tomorrow and measure from outdrive to trailer tongue just to see. Tried to start it today but it has some wiring issues but the PO was upfront about that. Could only get a click out of the starter so picked up a new one and will try it tomorrow
      1969 Lonestar Medallion restoration

1972 Glastron GT-160 restoration

1973 Silverline Grand Bahama restoration

1991 Galaxie 19' 4.3 Mercruiser
      2007 F150 4x4 Supercrew
      A boat is just a big hull in the water you throw money into.

Comment

That's funny. My buddy has a 21' and I was really thinking yours looked similar. Then I saw your newly posted picture and thought it really didn't look that big. CONGRATS!!!! FYI, that Johnson you got on there is about $600 right there. Nice deal. Here's my buddy's http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...oat/?start=all It planes out nicely with only90HP outboard. Yours will do great with that inline 6.
        1976 18' Starcraft SuperSport 90HP Evinrude
        Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=357767
        1966 16' Starcraft Jupiter 85HP Johnson
        Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=338633 sold

Comment

The title should say how long it is. I have 21' cheiftain and that one looks similar in size to mine.
          I also have a kicker mounted in the same place as yours.

Comment

I got it to start but not with the switch so now i need to look through some wiring diagrams. Not quite sure what's going on. Its about 30 degrees out and snowed most of the day yesterday so Im not to motivated

2007 F150 4x4 Supercrew

Comment

It's just snow! Oh wait thats the cold snow LOL... we only have the warm snow down here LOL
              1979 Starcraft Holiday 16 closed bow
              Johnson 70 HP

Can't wait for splashdown!!

Comment

Looking for a little help. The starter won't crank with the turn of the key. Tested the switch at the dash and have power in the crank position but nothing at the starter. Looked at wiring diagrams and they weren't much help. It has the 250 inline 6 thanks

2007 F150 4x4 Supercrew

Comment

Post up in the I/O repair forum. Not too many techies down here.
                  1976 18' Starcraft SuperSport 90HP Evinrude
                  Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=357767
                  1966 16' Starcraft Jupiter 85HP Johnson
                  Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=338633 sold

Comment

Thanks ez. I just ran a new wire from switch to starter for now. Tomorrow Im gonna go pick up a free donor boat that has the complete harness and power tilt assembly. Hopefully all still good as the boat has been sitting outside for about 4 years. It also has the complete pre alfa outdrive still attached.

2007 F150 4x4 Supercrew

Comment

Finally got my tilt trim problem solved. Turns out the motor is bad but thankfully the one on my donor boat is still good. I decided Im going to totally rewire the boat to eliminate any future problems. I found complete harnesses for a reasonable price so it should be fairly easy

2007 F150 4x4 Supercrew

Comment

Congratulation. Looks like a very worthy starcraft. I'm jealous!!

T
                        ------------------------------------------

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Project
                        1974 Starcraft Chieftain
                        http://forums.iboats.com/showthread....errerid=174999

"Completed" Project
                        1991 Starcraft Islander 191V - Rebuild
                        http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=359551

Comment

Thanks timfives. She is a good looking boat. I started looking for an inboard aluminum boat last summer but never had any luck. Last summer i drove by the PO's parents house and seen this boat sitting outside. I asked her mom if it was for sale and she said it had already been sold so i was kind of bummed out. Then a few weeks ago i spotted it on craigslist. The sale must not of went through last summer. The hull is in good shape besides 2 small spots that might require attention. The floor and transom are solid. The only thing that needs attention is the 39 year old electrical system. Hoping to get it on the water within the next couple weeks to see how she does. Eventually i would like to do a full restoration once i have an indoor place to work on it.

2007 F150 4x4 Supercrew

Comment

Nice boat -kicker- ladder and condition, should be able to use that all summer and then if it needs it dig into the concerns. Good find and ability to find doner boats in your area. Wher in Nebraska do you live I was raised for a few war years in Beatrice. It right on the Blue river. I remember lots of Pheasants .rabbits and big cat fish in the river we caught with -baited poles and stuck in the bank then, go next day and check them, Nice place to live. Pugetsound

Comment

Im about an hour northwest of beatrice, just west of crete. Blue river is about a mile and a half away from where i live. Lots of people catch some big cats out of there. Also some pretty big carp in there as well.

2007 F150 4x4 Supercrew

Comment

Well I put her in the water today. She has plenty of power and scoots along nicely. While it was off the trailer i moved the winch post forward as recommended by Jas and EZ to get it sitting a little farther forward on the trailer. The only thing i noticed is it leans quite abit to the starboard side. I even moved my portable fuel tank to the port side with no avail. The only thing i can think of is its waterlogged on that side. Any ideas? Heres a couple pictures for reference.
                                Attached Files

2007 F150 4x4 Supercrew

Comment

Working...
                                X