Uflex Rotech rotary boat steering

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
HIGHLY_HIGHLY Reccomend Uflex system on smaller boats. This is a three gear system that is a snap to install and very smooth. I found no strain on the wheel at slow or high speed on my restro 16 S/S . check it out on the net. I do not know if I-Boats sell this but they should. It is excellent. Puget Sound

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

chrisp929

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Uflex Rotech rotary boat steering

so this is a direct and immediate beneficial alternative to cable and pulley steering? Forgive me i'm new to boating and just bought my first starcraft to restore and have no clue about the steering/outboard situation.

This sems half the price of teleflex. For a small craft like my 14' holiday, i think this would be a wise choice. My boat came with no steering or outboard. I'm shooting for a 40-50hp. I think i'll go this route if possible.

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

Chrisp929 My first Starcraft had the cable pulley steering. I did work but it is very old tech and a pain to make-work correctly. Putting in a new steering system is an excellent upgrade.

Pugetsound yup its stern drive Volvo 130 HP. I would rather have an outboard but this is what I got so I am making it work. If she blows up I will look at mounting an outboard on her. Or start looking for a boat (SC) with an outboard.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Chrisp929 My first Starcraft had the cable pulley steering. I did work but it is very old tech and a pain to make-work correctly. Putting in a new steering system is an excellent upgrade.

Pugetsound yup its stern drive Volvo 130 HP. I would rather have an outboard but this is what I got so I am making it work. If she blows up I will look at mounting an outboard on her. Or start looking for a boat (SC) with an outboard.

HEY I know where there is a really nice 22 Holiday with a 200 Johnson good running Motor on it. OPS sorry its not for sale yet, my wife says Im getting older so mabey someday.LOL I dont know why anyone would even conside keeping a cable and pully steering set up.

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

I dont know why anyone would even conside keeping a cable and pully steering set up.

maybe cuz it's cheap, works well, easy to troubleshoot, relatively immune to salt water, easy to carry spares, can be fixed in 3d world....???

i dunno....i'm refurb'ing the cable & sheave system on my lone star and putting a Uflex into the SC, so i'll post back here when i get em done and have lived with both

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I put the Uflex rotech in my SS. I prefer it to the Telefex rack I put in the Jupiter. Less slop. And yes, install was a snap.

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

HEY I know where there is a really nice 22 Holiday with a 200 Johnson good running Motor on it. OPS sorry its not for sale yet, my wife says Im getting older so mabey someday.LOL I dont know why anyone would even conside keeping a cable and pully steering set up.

If I owned your boat I would keep it till the put me in a wooden box.

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

REAL tinheads would specify a TIN box rather than wood........

"you can have my Starcraft when you pry my cold, dead fingers from the helm..."