Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh man that stern drive is nasty and corroded... she looks to be a salty dog... :grumpy:

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Another 26 in Indiana...this one is currently posted on the facebook "Starcraft Aluminum Boats" group. He's claims it's got a freshly rebuilt merc 5.0. Gutted. Taking offers :noidea:.

ErS2K47.jpg

If you have a fb account it's a pretty decent group (not sure if this link will work): https://www.facebook.com/groups/142561435756250/?fref=nf

64osby

Admiral
If I didn't have the LS it would probably be in the yard. Should be a much easier fix.

But I would keep the bow rails.:D

SigSaurP229

Commander
Ohh the things I could do to that 16SS unfortunately the Admiral would throw me overboard if I brought in another tinny at the moment. I bet if one were crafty enough they could find a donor boat on the way up with an old school outboard, and a good trailer, could make it home with less than $400 in a trailer, boat and motor. $ Less a $50 dump fee for a rotten glasser.

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander
What better way to store your froze up headless cast iron block than in a bow down 18' SS :eek:

Does a cast iron engine block stored in a bow down aluminum 18' SS perpetuate galvanic corrosion?

I saw that one and would have sworn I saw it a couple of years ago in a craigslist ad in Georgia asking $900

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Sometimes I wish I had a boatyard :lol:

I wonder what the big old brute looks like now after another 9 long years since that pic was snapped.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
dang it the 16' Jupiter is still listed and i'm only a couple days away. I need to start getting money from the ATM.

Serious note - on a tin boat what are the red flags that are different from a glass one?

I plan on lookin at on the way north and if all good 'looking at' again on the way south.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Red flags on tin...... WLOD, cracks, weird patches, excessive corrosion, obsessed starmada folks hiding in the bushes..... Jus sayin.... Lol

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Crawl under the boat to look for missing rivets, check the chines for cracks, look for the favorite wood of PO's - PT and use a flashlight to look for signs of corrosion in the hull in the bilge. Not much more you can do without tearing it apart. Of course, a water test if you are looking a "water ready" boat, same as a glasser.