Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

pckeen

Commander
That's more than I paid for my last boat....9 of them actually.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

On a serious note, that would make a nice addition to a man cave.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

The strange enclosure is the top on a toon sitting next to the Islander :lol:

00707_4DRP7id1gYm_600x450.jpg

thebrain

Banned
here's a real nice MR21 for me
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-star-craft-starcraft-20-ft-aluminum-fishing-boat-center-console-/281664508809?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4194835389&item=281664508809
has anyone sean this boat in person?
1.I wonder how stronge that pieced in floor is? it sure looks good.
2.w/ a broken skeg how will she steer?
3.looks like there has been a piece of aluiamin added to the front top part of keel? thoughts?
4.I did'nt know the MR came in 20'
5.why is the plywood in the transome exposed?
not sure I like the wood on top of the stringers, I give a boat a serious beating and this wood would probablley rollover?
6.plus where's the floatation? I thought poured in foam started in late 70s?
I have sean this boat on the bay before he must have a high reserve.
edit: I really want a completely orginale untouched where I can use all the correct rebuild stuff that I have learned from you good folks.
However I'll keep a eye on this I'm convinced I'll be forced to take a long road trip.
TB

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I suspect he is off on the year.
By 1981, they had added supports to where the bottom of hull meets the bottom of the gunnel.

Not liking the wood on top of the stringers either.
Especially since he used treated wood.
Wonder how it is secured?
Skeg won't effect steering much, if at all. Skeg is to protect prop and gearcase.

MR should be 21'

exposed plywood on inside of transom is how they were made. Mine only has exposed ply on the edges, not where the motor is mounted.

Sure could use some additional seating , and storage in my opinion.

Too much wood for me.

Seat is just screwed down, not right. And I bet that wood gets mighty slippery when wet.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nope, nope nope
Reserve hasn't been meet, $2750 w/out making reserve after 28bids, plus all this is wrong, wrong, wrong:
$_57.JPG

Looks like there's liquid nails under the shimming on the rib ends and screws down thru the PT and non-PT

If I had to quess, NO flotation foam put in before the deck (such that it is) went down:
$_57.JPG

nope nope nope

I'd bet the reserve is much higher then the value of the OB and a few of the included accessories.

64osby

Admiral
here's a real nice MR21 for me
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-star-craft-starcraft-20-ft-aluminum-fishing-boat-center-console-/281664508809?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4194835389&i tem=281664508809
has anyone sean this boat in person?
1.I wonder how stronge that pieced in floor is? it sure looks good.
2.w/ a broken skeg how will she steer?
3.looks like there has been a piece of aluiamin added to the front top part of keel? thoughts?
4.I did'nt know the MR came in 20'
5.why is the plywood in the transome exposed?

not sure I like the wood on top of the stringers, I give a boat a serious beating and this wood would probablley rollover?
6.plus where's the floatation? I thought poured in foam started in late 70s?
I have sean this boat on the bay before he must have a high reserve.
edit: I really want a completely orginale untouched where I can use all the correct rebuild stuff that I have learned from you good folks.
However I'll keep a eye on this I'm convinced I'll be forced to take a long road trip.
TB

1) if it is 3/4 very strong. I like it.
2) no issue as mentioned above
3) just not painted IMO
4) 21'
5) All is okay. as mentioned above.
6) yes if it doesn't have flotation it needs it. Ask the seller.

Who knows what the reserve is??? The high bidder might get it. I would look at that as a $4K boat if it has foam, no PT wood used in the build and the motor runs great.

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
After looking at jbc's post and the pics again I'll join jbc's camp. no no no.

Does look like PT wood mixed in, pine boards for the floor, bottom of the hull was never done.

dozerII

Admiral
The most perfect 18' SS SC ever... according to the owner that is... just under 10k, what a steal!
[h=2]18' Aluminum Boat with New Power Head Must See[/h] So what do you guys think of this pic and the obvious rib end repairs on this like factory new boat?

00T0T_ehGXXp69ncZ_600x450.jpg

WOW absollutly perfect, he doesn't even mention the repair, so why would he post a picture from and angle that makes them flash like neon in your face.:noidea:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You would think a guy asking 10 grand for an old boat would give a year. SC stopped painting rivet heads whatever year this one is, I guess. :doh: On a positive note - All of those new rivets are holding the chine gusset plates. But why would all the rivets for two plates need replacing? :confused:

I bet the seller is a flipper judging by the "great" wording.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
hell probably take alot less. but fairly speaking, if that boat is as clean as described, for someone wanting a turn key boat it looks good! If decks are solid and transom is too ofcourse. it is clean lookin minus the factory non painted rivets.

Brand new boat like that is double askin price i think.