Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
this guy seems a tad cranky

http://decatur.craigslist.org/boa/4570179892.html

Read carefully please, 1966 Starcraft 18 foot deep v bow fiberglass I have had this boat over thirty years and have been screwed more times than I care to count. I gutted the interior floors included.Put all new floor in treated wood soaked bottom side in Thompson's water seal top side fiber glassed. It was done right and will last forever.New carpet on floor still basically perfect, side panels new carpet basically perfect.Inside of haul painted color matched to carpet all like a chocolate brown.Had seats upholstered same brown with butter scotch center panels burnt orange piping to separate these panels.My neighbors cat got in under cover scratched front seats took to H&H handy craft in Cerro Gordo IL to re upholstered they sit on them forever then went out of business were not kind enough to tell me and just pitched them thus no front seats. A neighbor Jeff Stoner of Smith tire in Decatur screwed me decided he bought the boat (he had not) it was winterized when he took it he choose not to tell me he ran water through it.Thus winter comes cracked the bottom section of a freshly rebuilt lower unit.Also cracked the block of a freshly rebuilt mercruiser 165 straight six it was pinned and repaired however irrelevant because I am removing the motor. Why ? It is a good Chevy straight six 250 I have a new freshly machined block and am going to transfer the parts from motor in boat into new block.Either use in a rat rod or sell separately.Why because I have the skills to do so and the motor will sell for 1800.00-2000.00 by itself more than the boat would sell for with the motor in it built.If you want the motor in it with new block it will cost far...........more and frankly unless you have the skills to do the work not worth it.I had a cover custom made in Arthur paid over a grand for the cover same chocolate brown to match everything else.It has sit still as solid as new however some of stitching has came out and needs re stitched. Understand the way Amish make these there are no open seams it is a solid peace of material they fold it and stitch thus seams needing re done DOES NOT EQUATE TO HOLES.Steering,shifter cables etc. fine. New Firestone tires all the way around (4) including a fifth spare on trailer spare mount.Back of boat lettered the radical one in old English style lettering to match interior brown gold shadowing burnt orange pin stripes to match piping on seats.I have the skills I could easily wip this into shape new lower section of lower unit on eBay no problem.Switch motor components into new block build or buy new front seats.I simply have no desire to I have had it for well over 30 years have no interest in ANY boats. Of what use is it ? The obvious do what I just mentioned or use trailer for another application.Scrap the trailer for scrap metal sell rims with new tires.Use cover on another boat sell it.Sell the top section of the lower unit.There is money to be made or parts to be used I will sell it for less than the top of the lower unit would sell for on eBay I just don't have the time. I simply want it GONE. It also has anchor,ski's and a few thing in it under cover.So make and offer lets talk !

NO EMAILS call show contact info I more than likely will not answer unknown phone number thus when machine comes on state reason for call if available will answer if not leave message I will return message promptly upon return.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

He can be as cranky as he likes. It's a glasser. :doh:

GA_Boater

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
red-stripe-lager.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Ok, I'm about to post a glasser, but it looks kinda fun and it's cheap... http://saginaw.craigslist.org/boa/4586471320.html
IMO, if you're going to buy a tiny little sailboat, at least get a Sunfish or Laser that will pitch over & tack AND be much more fun then lazily doing figure 8's in a sheltered cove. Which you could do w either of the other two as well. Sunfish WAS my 1st real boating experience besides a small fishing boat that my dad traded when I was probably 7. We moved and had no place to park the boat and trailer. You could probably get a red striped sail & put a starcraft logo on either one & 95%+ of the non-Starmadian public would never notice....

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
NOVA with a 3cyl Johnny. Maaaaan!

01414_9G9qNuEgFTy_600x450.jpg

The only thing missing is the red stripe (and some air in the port-side tire) :madgrin:

MNhunter1

Ensign
NOVA [/URL]with a 3cyl Johnny. Maaaaan!
01414_9G9qNuEgFTy_600x450.jpg
The only thing missing is the red stripe (and some air in the port-side tire) :madgrin:
I'm still tempted to paint mine black, just concerned about how hot it might get. The black with red strip was the original paint for my boat. Unfortunately, my hull is a little rough for a gloss black coat again, might have to go with a flat.

GA_Boater

java230

Petty Officer 1st Class
So anyone for a drastically over inflated PNW SC hull? Hey is has a perfect I/O to OB conversion done.

http://seattle.en.craigslist.org/sno/boa/4580888375.html

Oh yeah and tell your passengers to bring along their own seating...

That thing has been for sale for a long time. Looks like he pulled the OB off and dropped a few hundred off the price. The Honda 90 was the only good part of the package!

And I emailed him multiple times and he never got back to me....

jbcurt00

Staff member
You need to thoroughly inspect every aspect of the aluminum hull. If it was a NJ patrol boat, I'd bet it saw brackish or saltwater, and in New Orleans, I'd bet it has too.

W/ poor maintenance, saltwater can wreck havoc on an aluminum hull.

PW/ proper care and maintenance, they can & do handle salt. Can't really help on the title question, some states its easy, some states there is a process but it's manageable (like WV where I am) and other states are a complete nightmare.

Who licenses/titles/registers boats in La? I'd suggest you call them and ask lots of questions.

DON'T forget to ask about the boat trailer too. WV is more difficult to title undocumented trailers then boats, but they can be done.

Good luck.

BTW: That boat is slightly underpowered w/ the 25hp. ESP for use in fast moving water or the ocean.........

Thank you for the feed back. I have called the department of wildlife and fisheries here. They are in charge of boat licensing. They tell me to bring in a proper bill of sale from the "owner". They person who is selling it says his grand dad bought it ---- or something. NJ DMV says get the court to grant or permission to title the boat. So I called the court and told me to call the DA. Fun right? As far as the trailer goes- I will just buy a new one. Only need it to drive 50 miles. As I put the project together, does this boat have floatations -foam- in the hull? Can I add it . What size outboard? I was hoping to get a 1958 evinrude 35 hp lark to rebuild for it. Water around here is mostly fresh except in some of the swamps- brakish. Plan on fishing the small lakes and bayous, towing kids with a tube. Enjoying the water.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to the forume.

I would start a new thread int he boat restoration forum for you questions.