Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Starcraft on clist!

That's the second one of those Starcraft branded Chryslers we've seen. I have a soft spot for Chryslers. I always thought they were the most badass looking outboards. If I acquired that one I'd run the heck out of it.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bad part of the Chryslers is it can be a chore to find parts for. I had a little 4 or 5hp that I redid last spring, was a neat little motor. Ended up finding a guy online that had the parts for it but they where not cheap.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

I don't see a power tilt/trim on that motor. ? Could be a back breaker to get up or down. More so if you were under way and had to raise it.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

I don't see a power tilt/trim on that motor. ? Could be a back breaker to get up or down. More so if you were under way and had to raise it.

That is true, my fathers has no power trim/tilt and no, you don't want to have to tilt it up or down from within the boat.....

Huron Angler

Admiral

That's the second one of those Starcraft branded Chryslers we've seen. I have a soft spot for Chryslers. I always thought they were the most badass looking outboards. If I acquired that one I'd run the heck out of it.

Yeah I remember Chinewalker posted one on CL in central NY, it was in great condition too. I don't see many Chrysler outboards for sale around here.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well here is a biggie, 24 ft would be really nice and not that bad of a price either. It is just out of my range right now.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/boa/2241725575.html

OOoo man, love that one! Already has the V6 in there too. At $4K that is priced very well as long as the driveline is solid.:)

See how he brought the hull color all the way down there? That's what I am thinking for the Islander too;)

barato2

Commander

good plan, Jas. it will make your boat stand out from all the white-with-stripes-or-graphics boats out there. i always liked that look tooo....something about it says "yacht

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

good plan, Jas. it will make your boat stand out from all the white-with-stripes-or-graphics boats out there. i always liked that look tooo....something about it says "yacht

Jas, your Islander is now being refered to as a Yacht. Nothing like heaping on some high expectations there barato.....:D

We now have to strive for Yacht quality I guess.:facepalm:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Thanks bro!!

You know, the more I think about that 24 footer up there the more I think that is a super reasonable deal. I think if you beat him up a little on price that boat could go $3800ish. Good trailer, great hull, newer V6, man that is a lot of boat for the $$.

Quick, who is going to grab that one!!!???:eek:;):D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Jas, your Islander is now being refered to as a Yacht.

Dude, my rig will never be confused with a yacht! Here, get your barf bag ready....

IMAG0209.jpg

Yah, real yacht quality stuff there, eh :facepalm::facepalm:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Will you please cover up that landfill with a deck soon? Sheesh :p

barato2

Commander

hey, i LIKE the bleach n fabsoft bottles to supplement the snoodles........brilliant idea!!

from one bottom feeder to another.................

hey, that could be a good theme for the cabin boats generally: The Bottom Feeder's Yacht

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Ah, rats....

I should have just copied it.

It was one of those "My husband is out of town and I hate him so I am selling all of his stuff before he gets back" sort of ads.

One of her lines was "and no, I am not looking for another husband."

It was a beaut.:D

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

She also said "it works" and "no you can't start it, I don't have those thingy's to run it on a hose".........

She seemed bitter......