Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

PikeHunter431

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If one hated tear down and just wanted a project to build up from?

https://rochester.craigslist.org/boa...234164957.html

00b0b_9rYw14ViMB5_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
$2k OBO, it'll sit long enough he'll be looking to give it away after awhile:)

I don't know if he'll give dear ole grand pappy's boat away. In the body of the ad, "[FONT=&quot]Here is a 1972 StarCraft Chieftain boat for $2500 OBO."[/FONT]
guess he dropped the price 500 in the top header.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I don't know if he'll give dear ole grand pappy's boat away. In the body of the ad, "[FONT=&quot]Here is a 1972 StarCraft Chieftain boat for $2500 OBO."[/FONT]
guess he dropped the price 500 in the top header.

Its been listed for quite a while, resisted now I think.

NO PAPERWORK is the killer.

He should do everything in his power to actually secure the right to sell it as a boat, then it would be gone.

dusted_ya

Seaman Apprentice
Nice boat! Well worth the money. Not sure what it takes to get it retitled there... As for the motor, if the flywheel turns when starting but the pistons don't move then the crank is broken or the flywheel bolts are... I'm thinking the flywheel probably has stripped teeth and the starter is spinning or the starter is bad. sounds like a solid deal for a fixer upper.

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
I've been watching that one for a while, but without paper, it's just a parts boat, at least here in MN, and over priced.

MNhunter1

Ensign
I've been watching that one for a while, but without paper, it's just a parts boat, at least here in MN, and over priced.

Yeah, I agree the price is a little high. There's another down in Iowa somewhere that's been listed for awhile too, overpriced as well and not as unmolested.

Couldn't a guy just get a bill of sale from the seller for the boat and trailer and have it transferred and registered? I was under the impression that even without the title, with the serial numbers and a bill of sale the DMV would be able to get it done.

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
If the BOS is from the owner of record. And you can proof they are the owner of record.
I asked about it here (in MN) for a out of state boat and was told to get a clean title from the state the boat is registered in, and then come back and transfer it to/in MN.

Dan

"Couldn't a guy just get a bill of sale from the seller for the boat and trailer and have it transferred and registered?"